• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

tubelab SE 300b power transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 2SK2700 mosfet has gone extinct due to ROHS laws. Toshiba decided to discontinue the part rather than make an unleaded version. I have found two suitable substitutes, the Fairchild FQP1N50 and the Supertex DN2540N5. I have been using the Fairchild part in my amplifiers. The Supertex part is only rated for 400 volts. The mosfet gets the B+ voltage on one end and the grid bias voltage (negative 50 volts or so) so it may me marginal in some amplifiers. Several users report good results with it though.

The mylar insulator is not needed on the mosfet. This will cause a high voltage to appear on the heat sink, but that voltage is already on the heat sink of the CCS chip. Mylar insulators can be used on those parts if you want though.

The insulator is needed on the filament regulator chip though. The insulators do not typically come with the parts. I use BER114-ND from DigiKey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.