Threadjacking

Adjusted for inflation from 1982 to 2019, that’d be approx $8000 :eek:

CPI in USA is measured differently since 1982, but the calculation is more of a lie than people who are critics of inflation like to point out.
But yes, probably $10k+.

You see that with old audio equipment (speakers) a lot.
If they made speakers like they made them before 1970, maybe 80, they would cost so much very few people in the US would be able to buy them.

Another way inflation numbers are a farse (I never hear it mentioned for some reason) is that everything is made cheaper, more is automated, efficiency is higher, etc.

TV's are cheap now, about $80 or so for a 32". They should cost $8 in 1982 money :eek:

In my humble DIY audio opinion, my now long-time deceased 1995 BMW 540i, if the made it today the way they made them back then would cost $150k new, more than an M5.

That's why I build my own audio equipment. I don't like cheap drivers, enclosures, screws, chassis (for amps), connectors, terminals etc.

Last edited:
Fire . Santa Barbara .....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191126-041304_Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-041304_Browser.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 209
On a Realistic note,

Most people have not been, to NYC.

So, when a fair sized group of people,

Learn how to hail a cab,

This act may actually be misconstrued,

Often by media types, looking for "sensational content"

A more truthful headline, would read,

Tour group learning basic skills,

To function like the natives,

In New York City.

(The usual disclaimer > j/k)

Entire West Virginia Correctional Officer Class Fired Over Nazi Salute Photo

Attachments

• nazi_salute_class_photo-1200x700-700x420.jpg
    nazi_salute_class_photo-1200x700-700x420.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 146
CPI in USA is measured differently since 1982, but the calculation is more of a lie than people who are critics of inflation like to point out.
But yes, probably $10k+.

You see that with old audio equipment (speakers) a lot.
If they made speakers like they made them before 1970, maybe 80, they would cost so much very few people in the US would be able to buy them.

Another way inflation numbers are a farse (I never hear it mentioned for some reason) is that everything is made cheaper, more is automated, efficiency is higher, etc.

TV's are cheap now, about $80 or so for a 32". They should cost $8 in 1982 money :eek:

In my humble DIY audio opinion, my now long-time deceased 1995 BMW 540i, if the made it today the way they made them back then would cost $150k new, more than an M5.

That's why I build my own audio equipment. I don't like cheap drivers, enclosures, screws, chassis (for amps), connectors, terminals etc.

I tend to agree.
And that's why I purchased Good Quality audio equipment (Advent, Akai, Technics, etc) in the first place.
I like reliability, I like longevity, and I like to not have to keep putting money out because of something I bought becomes worthless or outdated.
This goes for my computers as well as my stereo systems.
And all the appliances in my house as well.
However, there are times that I've had to "de-chinese" something in order for it to be more reliable.
It's almost a struggle, a challenge, to keep my money in the bank, but I dislike spending it on junk.