Go Back   Home > Forums > >

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

The High End
The High End
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2021, 04:58 PM   #61
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseoldtech View Post
...the sad thing is, people become brainwashed due to this manipulation, insisting that their belief or opinion of something is the right one, just because the reviewer says so.
We see this pretty much everywhere these days.
It is common in human nature for someone to try to persuade others that the persuader's view is the right one. Its easy to see it when someone tries to persuade you to believe something you don't want to believe. Its hardest to see when you are the persuader. Also, its easy to believe one's own view is the right one.
Old 14th October 2021, 07:45 PM   #62
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I've had that happen on occasions, where I'd be scolded or reprimanded for my own opinion on something.
This sort of thing is in line with censorship of course, protecting both the reviewer, and the manufacturer's reputation, who, as the manufacturer, is paying that reviewer to endorse and praise their product in order to promote healthy sales.

And the sad thing is, people become brainwashed due to this manipulation, insisting that their belief or opinion of something is the right one, just because the reviewer says so.
We see this pretty much everywhere these days.
Yup, protecting / smearing is part of their business plan and we see an example of it above.
Old 16th October 2021, 06:42 AM   #63
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

The High End
Evenharmonics - The perpetual wrecking ball.
They use high reach excavators now you know, wrecking balls are out of style.
Twinkle Toes - Wikipedia
Old 19th October 2021, 12:51 PM   #64
indra1 is online now indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... I've had that happen on occasions, where I'd be scolded or reprimanded for my own opinion on something...
... We see this pretty much everywhere these days.
Sounds like too many people no longer respect free speech anymore. So sad it is widely happening in a supposedly educated and democratic society.
Old 19th October 2021, 03:57 PM   #65
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Humans always have some tendency to go 'tribal,' become polarized, and take sides against one another. The tendency tends to be exacerbated when times are hard, such as during pandemics, inflation, etc. Also there is mounting evidence that overuse of highly popular internet forums isn't helping promote good mental health, nor the tolerance of exposure to competing ideas, among young people.
Old 19th October 2021, 04:43 PM   #66
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Europe
diyAudio Member

The High End
Yup - the echo chamber effect.
Old 19th October 2021, 06:03 PM   #67
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
Also there is mounting evidence
There's that word which rarely (if ever) gets used in your posts.
  Reply to this post

The High EndHide this!Advertise here!