traffic lights - school project for my little girl

something that I plan for school project for my little one.
NE555. something I found on net
dont mind the led color on model;)

Attachments

• lay.png
    lay.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 153
  • sch.png
    sch.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 148
  • TRAFFIC LIGHTS v1.png
    TRAFFIC LIGHTS v1.png
    725.5 KB · Views: 202
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Cool! For scale/size/realism it maybe would be better to have the LEDs on a separate thin PCB which can be glued to a traffic light pole.

Although obvious.... please make sure to teach your children to be "traffic aware" i.e. to have "eyes in the back".

Thanks JP,
yes need of the hour to instill traffic awareness given the traffic chaos in India :D

Incredible Indian Traffic - isn't it crazy?! - YouTube

Hehe - I used to have a large team in Pune and rush hour traffic with the pedestrians dodging the traffic on the side walk was an eye opener :D I miss the stunning food.

The most 'interesting' traffic I've experienced was in the UAE after rain when cars that normally stop don't! :umbrella:

Is it just me, but I think two Blues and a Red needs some work to resemble traffic lights?
Not sayin' it can't be done with an NE555, but a significant challenge. :D
The 3D cad model I have, used default models for led , assured that they will be red yellow green in that order as per schematic. post#1 says this.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The very first thing I built was a traffic light display. It was this one and the circuit was designed to get the (in the UK anyway) sequence correct of red, red and amber and then green and then back through just amber and to red.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-18 104423.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-18 104423.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 88
Hehe - I used to have a large team in Pune and rush hour traffic with the pedestrians dodging the traffic on the side walk was an eye opener :D I miss the stunning food.

The traffic is even worse now. With new metro , which is almost in completion stages, there is some hope yet!. One needs to watch out for 2 wheelers and Autorickshaws (3W or "tuk-tuks') when driving in India, because they can instantly appear from any side when you are least expecting, as if they have divine powers.

The very first thing I built was a traffic light display. It was this one and the circuit was designed to get the (in the UK anyway) sequence correct of red, red and amber and then green and then back through just amber and to red.

Thank you. Here the sequence is green -orange-red-green....
I will sim the circuit to see if it indeed gives the correct sequence, that should serve the purpose.