Lousy GE bulbs! - Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... GE, other corporations, doing outsourcing, has been an issue since such practices started.
They close factories at home, stop providing jobs to the local communities, give money to scums in faraway places, cheat customers on quality, and award obscene amount of remuneration to their executives for doing so. :eek:

I was astonished, never thought I'd ever agree with any of your complaints. It's about time common people should pay close attention and do something about it.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
What has a ballast to do with a led-lamp? Nothing. When replacing a old tube with a led one, one should take the ballast out.

Apparently, these LED replacements for the flourescent fixtures have some sort of circuitry designed into them to be compatable with the high frequency AC output of the fixture's electronic ballast.

I'm sure there's probably a youtube video of someone taking one of them apart.

China makes high quality and low quality things. Dirt-cheap is usually bad quality. It is bad by design - the rock-bottom price was on top of specification list. You get what you pay for.

I am using Greenworks battery-powered tools. It is a Chinese brand. Very good quality, but it is not cheap.

Btw, Chinese LED bulbs from dollar store aren't bad.

These days it is difficult to find anything that is not made in China.

I bought a Greenworks lawnmower a few years ago and it was one of my best purchases. I don't have to worry about stale gas or water condensing in the carb over the winter. The mower runs for a full hour on the battery and is just as powerful as the gas engine. The only time it stalled out was hitting a stump. So quiet on the ears too. Two stroke engines can go away any time.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
GE is not in the light bulb business anymore, they sold the lighting division to Savant a year ago.

GE's primary focus these days is mostly on medical electronics.

GE Makes The Switch Away From Lightbulbs, Sells Business To Savant Systems : NPR

My former employer Philips has similarly dropped most of their consumer electronics line, focusing on health, specialty small kitchen appliances (air fryers etc) and primarily medical electronics. In Philips case they have licensed their name to other manufacturers for use on their TV sets, stereos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.