Absolut Vodka - A Swedish Invention

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
In San Francisco we have a very inexpensive brand of vodka called SKYY . Their innovation is quadruple column distillation plus triple filtering. Which they apply to railroad carloads of industrial ethanol (!) shipped from Chicago to San Francisco by train. I recently bought a 1.75 liter bottle of their vodka for USD 17 at BevMo.

I actually prefer SKYY over Absolut. But Effen from the Netherlands is better than both, IMO.

I can confirm SKYY is nice. But I prefer Russian Standard - nice Vodka also quadruple destilled.
Parliament is also not so bad. Milk filtered.
Grey Goose - well made from Grapes (afaik) but not worth the price IMHO.
In russia I got recommended Kremlin vodka - havent tasted it yet.
Black Square is nice too but havent seen it outside of russia even there it is not so easy to find.
Absolute is also not so much my taste.
..but however whatever floats your boat!

I have a spanish tempranillo now. Sk(a with that circle on top)ll

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Today I plan to drink half a bottle Absolut Vodka.
Proud as I am it is a Swedish vodka.

So far I have taken 2/3 of half the bottle (375ml).
I feel rather good, as you can imagine.
Cheers or as we say in Swedish: Skål!

My God. A bottle in one day. I assume this is an April Fool’s day joke?

(Three or four scotch’s and I’m under the table :) )

yeah but he is speaking of one 0.375L bottle. So half 0,75L std bottle. but you are right it has 40% alc. I thought of 36%.. a normal red wine (not talking about chateauneuf du pape wine with up to 17%) has around 13%-14% as estimated by you...it seems my wine is hitting me too :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.