thanks to you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not an electronic guru by any stretch of the imagination. Just knowing the basics to not blow anything up and have it operational.

My self graditude lays in tying wood and metal craft into audio isolation or acoustic treating and so forth.

I have not gone where others have gone and invested a bunch of money in to projects when part of it is experimental. You must have a certain amount of confidence when cash is at stake.

I very much appreciate amplifiers that were made in someones garage and looks better than some of the electronics you would see on retail shelves out there :cool:

I may not have much to add in those aspects, but I'll be out here lurking in on them :cool:

She works all different shifts. I try to be decent and fair :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-004157[3040] (2).png
    Screenshot_20210304-004157[3040] (2).png
    37.8 KB · Views: 74
Oh well, what you get diying, if it ever works, is a lot of wasted money and time.
Retail stuff is good enough for most users.

There's a lot of merit in that statement and if you want to save money then buy retail unless you just want a single amp or speaker from a proven design.

DIY (design it yourself or do it yourself) however is also about the journey, curiosity, satisfaction and money and time doesn't come into it for me. If I just wanted music I would buy retail as it would be less expensive long term. BTW, I don't get too many failures but I have stacks of unused stuff (some I give away) but I still build more I don't need.

Over the last couple of decades, DIY has cost me less than A$40 a week which is less than a packet of cigs so good value for the enjoyment it has provided.

Last edited:
Thanks, not really leg pulling, to be honest just a little bit though.
I did built a full blown system for a turntable. Amplifier, preamp with phono input, regulated power supply, speakers. 2 x 10W rms.
All made from scratch. Worked perfectly good for me, then was given and worked for decades.
Meanwhile I bought quite the same system, I did not mind building another one. I had other hobbies at that time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.