seeking anyone who's well versed in microsoft windows 10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it safe to power off a laptop right after uninstalling windows 10? Not during a process, the uninstall is 100% complete. Its waiting for the command to begin the installation.

Knowing would be a giant help. After that Ill take it for a new screen then successfully finish the task my dog interrupted while I went to brew coffee.
She tripped on the cord and pulled it clear off the desk. It resulted in a cracked LCD. Only the right side is visible now. The left 50 is mostly white. With a bunch of coloured lines. Rendered useless to me atm.

Like someone once said, $7!t happens. I can't be mad at her for being a dog. Plus shes too cute. I couldn't even begin being mad at her :(

Thanks in advance.

I got it done in the dark with the help of my other pc to reference where to place the curser to hit "go".

In certain modes an outboard monitor screen goes black. My guess is because any drivers that aren't required in more common scenarios shut down. Once the second step of the process was completed they came back inline.

Now I just need a soother to bite down on when I take it in for a quote :yuck:

No one wants to sell parts if they can justify it. You'd think it would be a quick and easy thing to pick up a replacement LCD. Like buying bread. No. They all want to snag another two or three extra bills from your wallet with theyre triple pronged money hooks insisting they do the swap for you :rolleyes:

Check Amazon and Ebay. I got a "replacement" keyboard for a 5 year old Asus laptop form Amazon for $20 direct shipped from China. For that price I expected a pull from a dead machine, but the keyboard I got was new, and better quality than the one that came in the machine when new. It took a bit of surgery to to a keyboard transplant, but the patient lived and is still kicking today after over a year.

The laptop had been intermittent since it was about a year old, then finally lost several keys. The flex circuit on the keyboard had been rubbing against the laser cut edge of the hard drive bracket, which eventually cut the flex. The broken trace is on the left side at the bottom of the picture where the flex is crushed and torn.

Attachments

• P3350116_x.jpg
    P3350116_x.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 75
  • P3350118_x.jpg
    P3350118_x.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Nigel I need to buy a disc drive, thats next on my list of essentials. my main laptop has too many good things stuffed inside to also fit a rom :D. For the reset I did a factory reset with the preloaded windows version 10 pro, freshly updated to current specs. The entire processes went quickly and smooth otherwise. This alienware M17 R4 is my best beast for a laptop. I can't hardly wait to finish hooking in all audio and all related musical contents. I'm about as happy as a bear ****ing in the forest with my electronics progress in one years time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.