scandinavian chess opening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2010
as i said...i'm no pro...in this game i was white. black would have won completely, but he missed one key move. Ignoring the fact that his 8th move ,bishop fo f5 which was his first capitalized Mistake , after my 13th move he should have moved knight to c5 or starting to move the pawns on the queen side as i have given up the white square bishop , then move after move he just let me make one step further...This is one of those rare games where i suck for good with whites , but the opponent is even worse :) Anon. vs Anon.: A48 Torre Attack • lichess.org

You were lucky there. Your black opponent let you off the hook. Your bishop is spending a lot of time being driven aimlessly around the board. :D

I would have played 6 pg5 to drive your bishop onto a weak square and gain a developing move.

Sometimes you let the opponent just come at you, and wait for a mistake. :cool:

But I shall never play e4 to open again, for sure.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Here i was with the blacks too.So queen's indian can be completely useless for those who don't know their openings.I only know three of them, but i only really learned one .Usually i don't know how to play well the Giuoco piano which looks kind of mirroring the white's London , but it opens the same with the scandinavian and i always play d5 with the blacks and d4 with whites.I know nothing else. Of course he abandoned ...I never abandon if i feel like losing.I resign. Anon. vs Anon.: A00 Polish Opening: Baltic Defense • lichess.org

Maybe you are not so lucky, and more talented!

FWIW, I used to play an Irish guy on a Sunday afternoon in the Pub who regularly beat Russian Grandmasters in an amateur capacity. Exhibition games. TBH, he thought I was talentless. Too slow. He told me that if you can't see the whole thing INSTANTLY, you are wasting your time. His highest compliment after one better game, was that I had made him think. Otherwise he just let me beat myself with schoolboy mistakes, whilst doing no more than developing solid structure himself.

Until he came in for the quick Checkmate.

I would never have thought of this:
Anon. vs Anon.: A00 Polish Opening: Baltic Defense • lichess.org

b3 would be safer, because b4 is an unsupported pawn, which will need protecting. And that might waste precious time.

There is a very modern idea with chess openings. The Sicilian Defense is easily converted into the Sicilian attack. Where it leads, is just do some fairly random thing with the White pieces on the first move, Like pawn to a3. Now you as White have essentially played Black. But have taken the game off all known radars in terms of theory.

It's then down to your talent. :)

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2010
I don't understand Sicilian .I know that all grandmasters used it, but i think that is for real professionals.I can't see more than 2 moves in advance while Sicilian's variations are way too advanced for me.the same with Ruy Lopez.Ruy Lopez starts very straightforward and agressive, but if you don't know how to exploit it it soon becomes a disaster. Reti openings are pure genious and thus they should be played by geniouses and i'm not one for sure.I was with the blacks, white abandoned.I didn't know what he was doing...usually i don't know what i'm doing either...I just play by chance .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.