Brilliancy in Sport, Your favourite moments

Splendid result by my Footie Team Coventry City, aka the Sky Blues, against Rotherham tonight!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56302517

I think we are SAFE! :cool:

On a lower level Chelsea and Manchester City doing OK in teh Champions League.

Real Madrid and PSG? Who are they? :D

Attachments

• Chelsea Teddy Bear.jpg
    Chelsea Teddy Bear.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 375
Great news tonight. Due to lifting of Covid-19 restrictions, we can resume our Tai Chi class on the beach in Portsmouth next Wednesday! :)

12 o'clock by the Coffee Cup if you fancy it. £5 fee. Friendly crowd. Gentle exercise, but you know all about it after an hour.

I have SO missed this. We usually go for a free swim afterwards too, at least in Summer.

BRAMBLEMET - Weather Reports from Bramble Bank

8.7C? No, think I'll leave my cossie at home. That is mind-numbingly cold IMO. I could have a heart-attack! :D

Last edited:
Did anyone else watch this?

Chelsea F.C. footie club DESTROYED Manchester City in the FA Cup! :D

1-0 hardly reflects their superiority. Two brilliant goals disallowed for offside. :confused:

FA Cup: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City highlights - BBC Sport

No prizes for guessing who we like in our house. It's either midlanders Leicester or our local rivals Southampton in the final. Can't wait! :)

Attachments

• Chelsea Calender.jpg
    Chelsea Calender.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 110
Another disastrous night for Arsenal F.C. The Gunners lost again.

Happily I can contemplate the 1 mile 2000 Guineas Horse Race at Newmarket next Saturday.

Very exciting 3-y-o Field.

One Ruler 9/2
Thunder Moon 11/2
St.Marks Basilica 11/2
Wembley 6/1

2000 Guineas Betting Odds Winner | Horse Racing | Oddschecker

I quite fancy Wembley. A horse that likes the good going rather than the boggy tracks. Out of Galileo.

Wembley (IRE) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing

Got withdrawn from the 1 mile Vertem Futurity due to boggy ground last year.

Racecard | 14:55 Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes (Group 1) | Doncaster | Sky Sports Horse Racing

A sure thing, IMO. Definitely worth a tenner. :D

Rapid changes in the Odds for the 1 mile 2000 Guineas Horse Racing at Newmarket! :D

2000 Guineas Betting Odds Winner | Horse Racing | Oddschecker

Very unlikely that the going will go Soft. Weather is excellent and dry.

My fancy Wembley is coming in at 6-1 second favourite. Thunder Moon is also fancied as a Epsom Derby winner. I can't see it myself. 1.4 miles is a different proposition from 1 mile IMO.

Anyway, judge for yourself: WHAT A FINISH in the 2020 Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes - Racing TV - YouTube

The 1000 Guineas Fillies race is giving me more trouble:

1000 Guineas 2021 Betting Odds Winner | Horse Racing | Oddschecker

I like Pretty Gorgeous: Pretty Gorgeous toughs it out to win the bet365 Fillies' Mile (Group 1) - Racing TV - YouTube.

I think I'll take both for a win. And buy my girlfriends a ticket. I like to spread the fun. :)

The World of Horse Racing is in a deep state of shock today with the withdrawal of Pretty Gorgeous from the Fillies Race of the 1000 Guineas. My stake too. Don't know if I'll get me money back! :confused:

Anywho, we have a second fancy. Alcohol Free (IRE) | Horse Profile | Sky Sports Horse Racing

Definitely Second Favourite behind 6/4 Aidan O'Brien's Santa Barbara. But a decent 7-1 odds. And Andrew Balding is no mug. My sort of odds. :D

My reputation is hanging by a thread after yesterday's 2000 Guineas debacle. :(

Me and my friends are hanging on for the 1000 today.

Happily I took 7-1 on Alcohol Free. It has come in dramatically since:

Newmarket 15:40 Betting Odds Winner | Horse Racing | Oddschecker

If Santa Barbara slips its saddle, its sure between Alcohol Free and Statement. Almost too close to call:

Full Result | 14:10 Dubai Duty Free Stakes (Fillies''' Group 3) (Registered As The Fred Darling Stakes) | Newbury | Sky Sports Horse Racing

TBH, every other horse is 10 lengths behind.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member

I spent an afternoon playing dart (I lost) and basketball (won!) with with one of the opponent being "the evergreen tree" (Chang Qing Shu) the other day... The competition is strong within him :) Easy going and still green - really nice chap! Have to admit I was a bit starstrucked but kept my cool as best I could... :)

//

Excellent and fascinating days Sport in the UK! :D

The Horses largely let me down. My old favourite and general winner Pyledriver won Friday's Epsom Coronation Cup in heroic style at an impressive 8-1.

Problem largely was it rained for two days prior to the Epsom meet. Ground turned into a bog. I pulled all my bets. And my connection's bets.

Fleet-footed High Definition pulled out. Mohaafeth pulled out. Both seeking firmer ground in a few weeks time. At the Curragh, and Ascot.

Derby Genius Aidan O'Brien drew a busted flush on hot favourite Bolshoi Ballet. Much fancied because it is progeny of Star horse Galileo.

Epsom Derby: Adayar secures surprise win for jockey Adam Kirby - BBC Sport

Somerset Cricket team trundling along well against Hampshire.

County Championship: Somerset close day three 372 runs ahead of Hampshire - BBC Sport

That one is in the bag IMO. 372 runs lead into the final day. :D

Remember you heard it here first. I am putting my Money on the Azzurri for the 2020 Euros. Now in 2021... :eek:

We fear the Germans, the French, and get terribly over-excited about England's prospects (Coming Home an' all that).

But really, Roberto Mancini and Italy is a Shoo in, IMO. Putting £10 on it tomorrow! :D