Brilliancy in Sport, Your favourite moments

Nobody knows the Truth about Covid-19.

I can get controversial in saying it's a "Dog eats Dog" Universe. Darwinism, No? :D

As your financial adviser, I'd soberly recommend a Savings Plan or a Pensions Plan as good advice. In the long run. :cool:

But when it's all over in terms of paying your dues. I'd recommend having a bit of FUN.

I can afford £17 on da Gee Gees. UK & Ireland Results - Horse Racing - BBC Sport

This is intense! :)

Another day, another Dollar! Er, I hope! :eek:

The whole neighbourhood is on "Nazeef" in the Tattersalls Fillies Class 1 race 16.10 at Newmarket:

UK & Ireland Results - Horse Racing - BBC Sport

This is rescheduled from Epsom due to the horrible virus. Cracking horse, IMO. Has won its last 5 races and won a 1 mile biggie at Ascot last month.

Some great cricket too. The Windies have a great all-rounder called Jason Holder:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/51414577

Jason ripped into England with 6 wickets in the first innings! They seem to be getting back to form. :D

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Auf wiedersehen

o

856289d1593351054-differential-headphone-amplifier-bye-png

As a former football referee I am appalled at the poor and dubious decisions over the last few years by certain men in black.
So I was delighted when VAR ame in and a team that has been cheated over the years actually ran away with the Premier League. Despite some more dubious decisions. note I am not a red.
It was noticed that a Liverpool gentleman (Scouser) was observed with a lamp and a Geni recently. He was scratching his head. Liverpool are champions, The chancellor is paying people to stay home.
So he was wondering what to do with his third wish.

Sorry Steve, It was an aattempt at massaging Harry Kanes back. Bad backs at Tottenham are a known problem. Fernades of Man U had slipped on wet grass and was turning back towards the referee to complain about the state of the pitch being overwatered. Yep he got a penalty and therefore gets vote as player of the month. ? One good thing about VAR is John Moss can ask over his radio if he is allowed to give a penalty for a faul throw. ?
So its not all bad news. Its a grey area about it being "a business"

Who is Mourinho?

Wonder what I did to offend Mark Johnson. :confused:

Anyhoo, we have all seen bad refereeing. NFL Saints versus LA Rams in the Conference was a shocker coupla years back.

I can get that the line judge is paid to watch more the yardage and lines than the blatant headbutt.

We had the greatest umpire ever in our game of cricket years ago: Dickie Bird - Wikipedia

If Dickie Bird said you were out, you never argued. Sublime star of umpiring. No idea how he did it. Pure concentration on the present moment.

I don't know what the Economics of Sport without paying customers is, but some trainers are throwing in the towel... :eek:

But all is not lost. The Big Race tomorrow is the 14.30 at York.

The John Smith's Handicap with a huge field of 22 Class 1/2 horses.

Strangely, IMO, Caradoc is 7/1 favourite. This baffles me because Sky Defender at a value 16/1 beat it comfortably into 6th. at Epsom on the same distance and ground.

I dislike handicaps for a win, but this is not a severe one. Sky Defender each-way for a top four place, or the more unlikely win, one feels. :)

The Yankees pulling the biggest choke job in baseball history in the '04 ALCS. I was also happy for the '04 Sox for finally figuring out how to win a World Series. Funny though, the Sox haven't been quite as interesting for me to watch since then. South Carolina winning the 2010 and 2011 CWS (I know college baseball isn't high on most sports fans' list, but this was a big deal for us long-suffering Gamecock fans). Another Gamecock moment, when they beat Ohio State in the 2000 Outback Bowl. Again, not a huge deal when you're looking at the overall sports world, but we were 1 year removed from an 0-11 season, and at the time we only had 1 bowl win EVER in our history. So beating a traditional Big 10 power on New Year's Day was a thrill for us.

Read more: Your favourite moments in sports (baseball, playoff, champions, finals) - Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer... - City-Data Forum

I decided years ago that if my team lost, it wasn't going to spoil my day! :D

Since I support one of the poorer teams in the English Football League, Coventry City, this is wise. :eek:

We win something about every 100 years.

Seems my Nag today, Sky Defender, is still running at York:

22nd. in a Field of 22. :mad:

I think they nobbled it with a tasty bunch of Common Ragwort.
Jacobaea vulgaris - Wikipedia

I think Ronnie O'Sullivan has done the 147 snooker thing about 15 times. But this one was a particular goodie:

YouTube

Obviously raising his game with Reanne Evans. Like you would. But he did give her a fair chance! :)

The comments are achingly funny too. People who know how hard a 147 is. :cool:
What was the significance of him removing his patches prior to sinking the last two? It seemed to be a good sportsmanship sign.