Overseas shipping delay time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shipping many things everyday, I can see that from the beginning of this week things are starting to get a lot better. I think that has to do with the fact that there are more passenger flights flying around Europe.

Just to give you guys a comparison, shipping with Priority service to other european countries usually means next day delivery but in the last period we had some cases of people having to wait 4/5 working days as if it was economy service!

An order from HiFi2000 (modushop) took 4 days from Bologna to the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, USA.

Regards,
Scott

That's the exact time it should take, glad you got it soon enough :)

Dayum but I might be a Fedx convert.

Fedx is winning so far. They did get an 8 hour headstart on dispatch so I'll have to account for that in the end.

Fedx claims I will have the parcel tomorrow afternoon (Monday) which would be pretty damn impressive since I ordered late on Friday night local time.
fedx 1.jpg
My only complaint is that their track and trace doesn't give as many juicy details as DHL. I get a weird kick out of watching the parcel move.....

DHL reckon's the following Monday at this stage but it is normally much faster than quoted.
DHL 4.jpg

Shipping many things everyday, I can see that from the beginning of this week things are starting to get a lot better. I think that has to do with the fact that there are more passenger flights flying around Europe.

I'm glad to read that. My experience with Italian post office (standard) is that it is slower than Spain's which is a bit slower than German (standard DHL).
Yes, the packages from passenger flight is the real problem, normal delivered within two weeks now sometimes I have to wait a month

The only 'fast delivery' I've used from Farnel arrived with a day or two delay, nothing to cry about.

I'll see how a new delivery from USPS goes. I'm prepared for two months of waiting, I have convinced myself that DIY projects don't normally start when parts are received but much much later so why worry.

Well fedx definitely won in terms of speed but not for service.

They managed to ‘deliver’ my mouser order over the weekend. It arrived 1:20pm Monday which is pretty damn fast since it left Texas Saturday New Zealand time.

However the package is nowhere to be found.
I’ve emailed mouser so we’ll see what happens.

Slow and steady wins the race it seems. Dhl reckons I’ll get my 2nd mouser order this afternoon. I think that would mean a win for Zee Germans since the fedx parcel is not in my hands.

Pcbs arrived from JLC of course. An hour behind the alleged delivery by fedx.

Tracking my parcel (amp board) through China Post.
After sitting in Shenzen waiting for aircraft space it instead moved by rail to Kazakhstan.
It has made its way to Iletsk ,Russia and Vilnius,Lithuania.
As I'm not in a hurry for this parcel, I am fascinated by the route it is taking.

Smaller (letter size) orders have traveled a lot quicker.

China Post

G'day Guys,

China post is still moving albeit slower than usual due to Covid.
Here is an interesting looking track and trace from China post.
china post.jpg
I might just get this one soon!

Fedx recently got me a mouser order delivered in 3.5 working days. Ordered Monday night local time and delivered 10am Friday morning.
DHL seems to take an extra 12-24 hours to get through Hong Kong right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.