Can glue kill a smartphone display?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a few hours ago, I was a happy person, changed my smartphone display with a new one for the first time.

A few minutes later, while the phone was still working great, I saw a gap where there wasn't enough glue, in the bottom side of the phone and I injected more of it, then I let it aside to let dry the glue dry. I clamped the display using two laundry pegs. Rechecked the phone, it was alright.

An hour later I found it sadly that the display was blank and it had stopped working. No backlight, only the touchscreen remained working, as it obeyed blind finger commands.

My only suspicion is the glue, which is polyurethane based. I put lots of it and it contains some kind of smelly volatile solvent, smells a lot like contact cement (xylene and/or toluene). What reason could there be? The glue cannot attack metals, but what about plastics?

I have no idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.