The Black Hole......

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I'm just thinking of the number of times, when faced with a text description from someone they have never met of a perception someone has said ' most likely jitter'. I lump DA in with that sort of straw clutching response.

Of course I welcome any evidence of a non-pathalogical circuit where real audible jitter or DA effects exist that more than one person can detect or be trained to detect.

Some years back when I was doing my first audio over fiber American football stadium jitter was a problem. If the gear was randomly powered up the jitter would bounce quite a bit averaging around 50 nS. Powering in proper sequence it was quite steady around 12 nS.

The problem was first detected by listening and then quantified and diagnosed by measurements.

“Of course, all AKM audio parts immediately disappeared from front-line distributors [such as] Digikey, Mouser, etc. And now the after-market brokers are selling AKM parts at horrific mark-ups. We saw one $5 AKM part being offered at $110 each.”

I wonder who first recognized that opportunity?

As you continue to steadfastly deny any mechanism of proof.

There is no proof in science, as you well know. There can be at best increasing reduction of doubt.

If anyone of you audibility deniers ever bothered to visit Auburn before COVID hit, you could have found out for yourselves some small things that are easily audible. That includes cables and capacitors.

Other than that, nobody is going to spend a lot of time and money to run publication quality studies showing humans can hear what is plainly obvious when pointed out in the presence of a listening skill coach. It would be like proving musicians can learn pitch-related ear training skills in music college classes.

EDIT: That's all I have to say on the subject for now. The critics are welcome to have their fun.

Last edited: