The Black Hole......

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here a nice app that you may like. Let’s you find streaming stations from all over the world.

Attachments

• 9EBB33EA-74B1-4B37-8159-CEAE7A76FC9D.jpg
    9EBB33EA-74B1-4B37-8159-CEAE7A76FC9D.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 284
Sequestration

I hope everyone is healthy, so far so good here...I have been busy ensuring the radio stations I work for have stable remote programming. With facilities closing, DJs are no longer allowed into programming studios. As a result I am setting up a cloud-based app Azuracast which allows DJs to do sets from their PCs at home.

Fortunately the audio import facility is FLAC/WAV compatible as well as MP3, so with a 320 k MP3 bandwidth feed back to the station fidelity with good files is not bad. At the station end I am using a Barix AoIP unit to output the audio back into the station console. The app has an AutoDJ function so if there is no one available to do a live shift, it will play at random from whatever tracks have been uploaded to it. It even has an auto 1-hour timer to insert legal IDs...

With time running out on access to university buildings, getting university IT departments to punch holes in their firewalls is the biggest hurdle...:mad:

Take care, all!
Howie

@gpapag Ahh - cool, something for everyone then!

:)

This will be a weird time to listen to WXYC. Normally there is a succession of different DJs, many very good...now a few DJs and then long CDs set on repeat until another DJ takes over for the missing one.

Starting in the new few days we will be rolling out the webDJ app and then it should really get weird...there will be some DJs playing from their homes but in between them also an AutoDJ playing tracks at random from several hundred (right now) which will increase as people log in and UL stuff...

Strange times for sure...
Howie