Supply chain broken?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any reports on Malaysia, Philippines and Korea?

(I've been disconnected from mainstream media networks for several years. Don't believe anything the report.) I did dig into the lab supposedly source of virus and it was cited in 2015 for HVAC equipment not up to required standard. I have pdf report will put here if any interest. Of course the lab could just be a convenient scapegoat ... don't know.

Any reports on Malaysia, Philippines and Korea?

Yes -- one N. Korean official returning from Wuhan went to a community pool, when the head guy found out he had the offender shot.

North Korean official reportedly executed for breaking coronavirus quarantine

Getting back to the supply chain -- article in this morning's NYTimes indicates that US vehicle production could be severely hampered.

Most popular New Year's foreign destination for Hubei folks is Bangkok. NYTimes is updating the map on a routine basis:
Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Spread of the Outbreak - The New York Times

Have not checked all orders but this one is rolling along.
Maybe china post is not operating full capacity. The info just came in.
This order is Alps blue velvet volume controls.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20200215_0002 (2).png
    wp_ss_20200215_0002 (2).png
    195.1 KB · Views: 336
This is what the PCBWay website says:

#KnowTheFacts

Q: Is it safe to receive a letter or a package from China?

A: Yes, it is safe. People receiving packages from China are not at risk of contracting #2019nCoV.

From previous analysis, we know coronaviruses do not survive long on objects, such as letters or packages.

From World Health Organization(WHO)’s official statement. Moreover, we have implemented strict anti-epidemic measures, such as full-range disinfection every day, staff temperature measurement three times a day, must wear mask during work, etc. We are committed to creating a infection-free working environment and ultimately ensuring safety of staff and product.

Advice for public

Apple dropped a thud on the market this morning outlining the impact upon their supply chain.

JPMorgan has a number of epidemiologists who issue reports each morning. No change in the forecast for 128,000 infections by early March with 2% mortality rate. Pessimistic forecast is for 174,00 infections by late March. These forecasts jumped 34% since the last reporting period.

Of course, Cambodge may have created a new vector with the release of 400 passengers from the cruise ship Westerdam:
Cambodia’s Coronavirus Complacency May Exact a Global Toll - The New York Times

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I received some PCB's from JBCPCB yesterday. They were stalled in the production cycle for several weeks having been submitted in the beginning of January. I'm not sure they have been touched by human hands. Even with free labor that would be too costly given the delivered price. Still I may rinse in isopropyl before handling.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.