Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part IV
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2020, 06:08 AM   #2591
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
It can't top this YouTube
?? This is even closer to this here ...

YouTube

Old 15th February 2020, 06:13 AM   #2592
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenharmonics View Post
He talked about it with no supporting evidence, right?
wrong. he asked others to do the same changes/mods and listen. They agreed with him. Its that huge world wide group thing again; many different people in many countries, over many years.. all have same reaction to his circuits, upgrades, mods and changes.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited by RNMarsh; 15th February 2020 at 06:42 AM.

Old 15th February 2020, 06:39 AM   #2593
chris719 is offline chris719  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
I can YouTube
I knew Suck was on the NIN Broken EP and was a sort of cover, but hadn't ever heard the original version.

Old 15th February 2020, 06:44 AM   #2594
john curl is offline john curl  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Richard, I just saw the movie: 'Ford vs Ferrari'. I strongly recommend it, because it shows what you and I are made of, rather than these other 'professionals'. They have no idea about auto performance as well as audio performance.
On Feb. 29, I am scheduled to go listen to my new JC-1+ amps coupled with some Wilson speakers that cost 10 times as much as the ones in my living room. I hope the combination works out well. We shall see.
For those in the LA area, it will be in Santa Monica at some hi fi store. You should come, maybe learn something about hi fi excellence.

Old 15th February 2020, 06:50 AM   #2595
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I knew Suck was on the NIN Broken EP and was a sort of cover, but hadn't ever heard the original version.
The sober guy in the video is Trent Reznor, the wasted guy is my friend Kevin, of Skinny Puppy fame. He’s much more mellow today (and, probably unbelievable, so am I ) but still on stage around Canada and the US.

I’m sick of programming this XMOS thing, time to sleep.

Last edited by syn08; 15th February 2020 at 06:55 AM.

Old 15th February 2020, 07:38 AM   #2596
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Hi Richard, I just saw the movie: 'Ford vs Ferrari'. I strongly recommend it, because it shows what you and I are made of, rather than these other 'professionals'. They have no idea about auto performance as well as audio performance.
On Feb. 29, I am scheduled to go listen to my new JC-1+ amps coupled with some Wilson speakers that cost 10 times as much as the ones in my living room. I hope the combination works out well. We shall see.
For those in the LA area, it will be in Santa Monica at some hi fi store. You should come, maybe learn something about hi fi excellence.
I will check it out... after all 50 years of Hi Po car upgrades to engine and chassis is my other passion. I miss my CTS-V :-(

I am sure your new design will be over-the-top wonderful and will drive any Z load. Will there be anyone in Bangkok/S.E.Asia distributing your Parasound amp?

27868100_10215693229663482_1502615769801578383_n.jpg

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited by RNMarsh; 15th February 2020 at 08:07 AM.

Old 15th February 2020, 08:13 AM   #2597
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
Don't you have something more productive to do in your life than to bite the postmen and the tires of the cars ?
What is wrong with LMDBLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
It has been a while since I noticed that his criticisms were not due to objective technical reasons, but according to a system of personal antipathy that eludes me.
It is a pity that he does not put his knowledge at the service of more noble and more elegant causes and prefers to bark among the hyenas.
Disappointed, I stopped reading him. Courtesy comes first in my scale of values..
Who are you talking about, or is that a self-critique?

Last edited by scottjoplin; 15th February 2020 at 08:17 AM.

Old 15th February 2020, 08:19 AM   #2598
Hans Polak is online now Hans Polak  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

It is not because I want to defend Syn08, but I find it disgusting to be exposed to all the filth, deep below the belt, sprayed in his direction, far from being funny from people having vulnerable souls feeling offended.

This sort of postings does not serve to solve any technical issue, it is just and only to offend someone, quite pathetic.

Hans

Old 15th February 2020, 08:41 AM   #2599
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
On Feb. 29, I am scheduled to go listen to my new JC-1+ amps coupled with...
What - for the first time?

//

Old 15th February 2020, 09:19 AM   #2600
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Polak View Post
It is not because I want to defend Syn08, but I find it disgusting to be exposed to all the filth, deep below the belt, sprayed in his direction, far from being funny from people having vulnerable souls feeling offended.

This sort of postings does not serve to solve any technical issue, it is just and only to offend someone, quite pathetic.

Hans
he gets what he has been giving. fair game then.

-RM

Last edited by RNMarsh; 15th February 2020 at 09:23 AM.

Closed Thread

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part IVHide this!Advertise here!