The Sussex's Emigrating to Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished reading the online news about it before I saw this thread. A major reason is that Canada doesn't really have paparazzi like UK or US, which makes sense. They were in Victoria for 6 weeks and not a single photograph. Only a matter of time before a tree hugging retiree fixes his Canon AE-1 with duct tape and calls himself a paparazzo.

I happen to live about 19.5km due south of the Xmas getaway where Megan & Archie & the dogs are.

I am sure they were pleased that they were pretty much treated as regular people out here on the island.

dave
One is only a celebrity if one is in the news and Meghan, the social climber that she is will soon tire of being treated as a "regular person".

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
To emphasize what Leadbelly said, when the couple met people when they were out & about they got treated pretty norma; In the most widely spread episode a couple on a walk in a nearby park (lots of them), Megan asked if she could assist (they were having a selfie issue), took their phone, took the picture, everyone said Happy New Year and everyone wa son their way.

Now if they move in permanently (i don’t expect them to be here the necessary 365/2 days in Canada to have to get legal status) and it is where they holidayed — the mansion is ceratinly large enuff even if th eowners live there too — one could sit in a dinghy out on FinLayson Arm with a 3 foot lens and take pictures. And i expect some paparatzi would come, but they would not get a good reception.

dave

Just finished reading the online news about it before I saw this thread. A major reason is that Canada doesn't really have paparazzi like UK or US, which makes sense. They were in Victoria for 6 weeks and not a single photograph. Only a matter of time before a tree hugging retiree fixes his Canon AE-1 with duct tape and calls himself a paparazzo.

The British press is brutal so not surprised she wanted out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.