The Sussex's Emigrating to Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's TRUE Nigel.

I do wonder though, how much of the "story" is real?

How do we really know that the young couple want to leave their roles as senior royals?

How do we know that it isnt the seniors throwing out the young uns?

I mean hes the son who is least likely to ever sit on the throne, who married an actress, who his grandad has probably insulted multiple times, as he does with most other nationalities.

It would look better for Da Family, if instead of being expelled, they wanted to desert the royal family duties.

As GG says.

Just sayin

It's all so bizarre, a long obsolete concept that a few of us should rule the rest as a birthright, its obsolescence long ago cemented as the "royals" powers were reduced to empty theater so long ago, yet there they are in the family tree that highlights the "line of succession" in its emptiness, and now the whole concept is reduced to a very expensive global soap opera with some of the most ardent fans here in the nation whose founding utterly rejected the underlying premise of the whole structure.

The strangeness of having them may give the UK something that sets them apart from other tourism destinations - that's about it. I thought I'd read somewhere that they attract sufficient tourist revenue to offset the cost of their upkeep. That sounds like it can't be true to me, but I guess you'd probably know?

While I'm certainly not a monarchist, I have done the tourist thing and checked out Buck Palace, Kensington Palace and Balmoral on my travels. Mind you it didn't cost me anything!

It seems that our common wealth allies and such care about this subject, way more than most British citizens.

I think the demise of the Windsors has been coming for a while - what unique purpose do they serve in this day and age?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
But in reality only "white van man" reads the tabloids. What surprises me is that the Royals feel they have to issue statements to refute what's written.

Exactly.... Just ignore the press. They live in a bubble anyway, only see people who fawn over them.
It's also overstated - there's a number of places in the UK where the royals can wander about and all that happens is the locals say "hi" in passing.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
There is a likeness people, there is a likeness!

Attachments

• 12534796-E769-4948-AAD7-C9355B60C770.jpeg
    12534796-E769-4948-AAD7-C9355B60C770.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 187
Not that strange or special, there are 9 other kingdoms in Europe alone.

I'm sure more tourist would come if we were to get rid of the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas (aka Windsors) and let them see EVERYTHING in the palaces ie their private quarters.

The Dutch still have a monarch I think.

And I think also Spain.

I've been to both countries and I had no interest in learning about their monarchies.

I went to see Van Gogh museums, and the mountains of Fuengirola. Sadly the Van Gogh was closed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.