Vacuum cleaners

Numatic make a range of domestic vacs with silly names and smily faces Henry is the popular one. Powerful and beatings proof. I only wish I had got the model with the beater brush. Although when I shared a flat with someone who had a corded dyson I was horrified at the amount of carpet fibres in the dust container. It was basically tearing the carpet up.

Oh and I also get horrified with the black water that comes out when I rent a carpet cleaner.
I used mine to clear the gravel out of a drain. It kept working for many years after, but with horrible grinding noises. I got another for the workshop.

Numatic make a range of domestic vacs with silly names and smily faces Henry is the popular one. Powerful and beatings proof. I only wish I had got the model with the beater brush. Although when I shared a flat with someone who had a corded dyson I was horrified at the amount of carpet fibres in the dust container. It was basically tearing the carpet up.
Don't forget to change the RIFA capacitor every few years on your Henry.
They don't half sting if they go off and the air flow circulates the smoke fast.

Since buying a Shark Anti Hair Wrap vacuum cleaner for my Metal Head son's flat, the carpet cleaning has gone along swimmingly!

Attachments

• Metal Head.jpg
    Metal Head.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 224
After several plain and fancy modern vacs, we are back to a 1950s Electrolux. It sucks good. Bags change cleanly and are incredibly cheap by the 100-box. Some parts are readily available. The self-winding cord reel is hard to score so I rigged a drum around the butt of the canister. We have a spare for other parts but the motor sparks bad. We keep our eyes open at yard sales because there were better models. Picture is of the model before or after what we have. My drum is a plastic imitation of the chrome-ring shown (the winder was an expensive option).
My grandad used to sell these in the 60’s, luckily for me the man was a hoarder and had hundreds (if not thousands) of trade ins and even nib units stacked to the rafters in a 3 car garage and very large barn.
When I say luckily for me these vacs paid for my insurance and gas until I left home at 22. Everyone i knew (and everyone they knew) had one! I think I got between $20 and $40 depending on condition. My favorite was this style.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/2e/77/eb2e77ee09f4fa2509b44cec4d140395.jpg

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the amount of dust and dog hair that it picked up from recently vacuumed areas.
I am now a walking advert for the Dyson V10.
Okay, enough said. You guys don't really want to hear about vacuums anyway, unless of course were talking tubes. :)

Dyson are very good but at least in the UK are very expensive.
I was offered a job with Dyson about 20 years ago but refused it.
i.e. my last vacuum cost £30GBP and the Dyson was about £300.
For that price i would expect it to do the vacuuming itself.
Probably his next project.

Found and copied this:

What is Dyson digital motor?
The term "digital motor" appears to have been invented by Dyson for marketing purposes. The fundamental principal is the same as for all other electromagnetic motors. The specific type of motor used by Dyson has permanent magnets in the rotor and is called a brushless DC motor or a permanent-magnet synchronous motor.

Found and copied this:

What is Dyson digital motor?
The term "digital motor" appears to have been invented by Dyson for marketing purposes. The fundamental principal is the same as for all other electromagnetic motors. The specific type of motor used by Dyson has permanent magnets in the rotor and is called a brushless DC motor or a permanent-magnet synchronous motor.

The motor is controlled from a micro-controller with pulses hence the digital part.