Youtube to MP3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2018
I installed YouTube Download, a free utility that runs nicely within Firefox and most other platforms are supported.
Just click the download button that it adds on the YouTube screen and select the format you require.
I have set mine up to download into a folder I named YouTube.
#1 Rated Youtube Video Downloader - Easy 1-Click 256kbps MP3 and 1080p Full-HD Downloads...

Indeed, I also use that "Easy Youtube video Downloader Express" plug-in.
Works fine for me in Firefox.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...the EEVBLOG bloke makes a lot of money from youtube.

Right. While most YouTubes are not worth much, a few ARE. The general idea is you have to stream it so they keep an accurate count of "views".

If Osvaldo could capture it to PC once, then watch it a million times, or re-post it so a million others could see it outside YouTube, that is a million pennies(?) the EVBlog guy does not get. (I have a YouTube of dogs in snow with a commercial Christmas jingle playing. YT's robot flagged it as infringement but offered to allow it if an ad for the record company ran with it. That's another 13 pennies of income for somebody.)

However I bet Osvaldo wants to download non-stream (slow connection) for smooth local viewing once or a few times. And most people in the world would not know how to do that. So this kind of "buffering", while not what YouTube wants, is also not too troubling to YouTube.

That's the "legal" (more like copyright/contract). The practical is: there are downloaders and some of them are devious and evil. Or buggy. I gave up messing with these things after a few bad experiences.

Indeed, I also use that "Easy Youtube video Downloader Express" plug-in.
Works fine for me in Firefox.

Yesterday I tried it and really performs good. Thanks for the data.

In fact, I usually get rid from video and I carry audio tracks (mp3 or ogg) only mainly from live recital concerts like this, etc, to home and listen them while I do home tasks, cooking, cleaning, etc. I have no patience to stay a couple of hours in front of a screen watching TV or videos. Music permits to listen (and sing) while doing other things.

Many thanks for all inputs.

This is the company I use for a lot of stuff. Real good programming. Y’all should check them out. I am not affiliated with this company’s all. IMG_2176.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.