Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Often, I know nowhere else to go
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2019, 03:18 AM   #51
johnego is offline johnego  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypat View Post
That girl is beautiful, but VERY young, I feel a little guilty looking at her.
Lucky you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hattie-square.jpg (385.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 11th November 2019, 08:15 AM   #52
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondogenerator View Post
I think this forum, for many, is a place to go to, an escape.
It's like that for me as well, not many around me that share my interest in audio equipment or sound.
Do not like FB and other so called "social media". Here there is a lot of good people and interesting discussions over subjects that I can not discuss with most people I know in real life.
And I can follow different threads in different topics according to what interests me, and not what other people or utterly retarded algorithms think should interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondogenerator View Post
But then I'll come running back here, to see if x member has his/her project working (not that I can help much, if at all), and in my own vanity, to see if anything I waffled on about, helped anyone.
That is a part of it too. If I somehow manage to help anyone at all despite my somewhat sour and nitpicking demeanour, that makes my day, or perhaps week.
Also very fun to see what other members do, there is so much good happening here. A lot to be learned. Or sometimes just be thankful that others have figured stuff out already, so I don't have to.

Glad that we are all different, and at different stages in life, so that we can learn from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
I didn’t exclude the possibility of incompetence. All roles have that certainty.
For me, and probably many others as well: Seeing and understanding that I am doing something wrong, when I am absolutely certain it is the right way. Is nearly impossible to comprehend. But I do try to admit my incompetence if and when that happens.
There's this saying along the lines of (rough translation follows):
"It's easy to see the thorn in the next mans eye, but impossible to see the beam (bearing structure) in your own."

Last edited by KaffiMann; 11th November 2019 at 08:20 AM.

Often, I know nowhere else to goHide this!Advertise here!