Terrible Chinook and appaches here above our naburehood.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

Are there more places where this happens? because I do not like it the whole day and people who work at night need sleep.

I think most country's has a unpopulated place for this millitairy airports.

YouTube

The whole house do fibrate on ultralow frequency's a tapped horn can not do. I think it is also not very good for the construction.

regards

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I have lived in the vicinity of RAF Odiham for 25 odd years now where 3 chinook squadrons are based. I find the 'wokka wokka' of a chinook rather comforting. Mind you we were also in the flight path for concorde and I used to listen for that 3 times a day.

I spent 6 weeks or so working in Tilburg Nederlands, a decade ago, when I worked in warehousing.

We always stayed in the Ibis Tilburg, which is a budget hotel, lovely friendly staff, but only 5 meals.

Every night the Apaches came chopping over our heads, flying low and loud in the small hours of the night.

I think there was a large US airbase nearby.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I spent 6 weeks or so working in Tilburg Nederlands, a decade ago, when I worked in warehousing.

We always stayed in the Ibis Tilburg, which is a budget hotel, lovely friendly staff, but only 5 meals.

Every night the Apaches came chopping over our heads, flying low and loud in the small hours of the night.

I think there was a large US airbase nearby.

The main NL helicopter training base is about 12km from Tilburg ...

Jan

You are right in that the noise can be a huge problem. Unfortunately, The Netherlands is very compact all around the Randstadt area. If you want an airport also to be used for rescue helicopters, it is difficult to place it without irritating someone. I know, these may be military flights and could in theory be put in the north-east or Zeeland. My guess is, it is expensive to maintain facilities for rescue helicopters only and perhaps the airport came before many of the massive living areas in the south where land is still to be found.
Sorry!

When I lived in Farnborough we used to see lots of aircraft of all shapes and sizes.
I once heard one that I could not recognize by sound.
It looked like it was flying backwards having a tail like fin above the cockpit. It also had the props on the trailing edge of the wings almost as if for even more backwards flying effect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.