Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Anyone know what causes that "70's smell" from hot electronics from that era?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2019, 04:04 PM   #21
Michael Jensen is offline Michael Jensen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

And used in smoker home, duble or trible up the odor from the pcb's
Old 12th October 2019, 06:31 PM   #22
Roundtoit is offline Roundtoit  United States
diyAudio Member

The odor from my Xcelite tool handles is stronger than the aroma from much of my old electronics gear, yet still vintage. I prefer the electronics between the two. I find it very difficult to dispose of tools. I also like the look on my wife's face when I say "Here, smell this." Of course, this works with many items. She has occasionally indicated my vintage characteristics...
Old 12th October 2019, 11:49 PM   #23
kodabmx is offline kodabmx  Canada
Spreading triode love.
diyAudio Member

It's true. I'm not bothered by the odour, but what is it doing to my lungs? Still, a good turntable is hard to come by for reasonable money these days

Anyone know what causes that "70's smell" from hot electronics from that era?Hide this!Advertise here!