black holes and white holes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The supermassive black hole at the centre of our galaxy has a feast!

The area just outside of the black hole's event horizon became extremely bright for a few nights in May 2019, growing 75 times brighter for a few hours.

The intense burst of infrared radiation was emitted as gas, probably stripped from orbiting star SO-2 during its closest approach, fell into the black hole.

This timelapse of images taken over 2.5 hours in May shows the increase in brightness:

Tuan Do on Twitter: "Here's a timelapse of images over 2.5 hr from May from @keckobservatory of the supermassive black hole Sgr A*. The black hole is always variable, but this was the brightest we've seen in the infrared so far. It was probably even brighter before we started observing that night!… https://t.co/XL6stP807v"

We don’t necessarily know what black holes are, however

Too many questions.
Was the big bang the first big bang or have their been many ?
Is there more than one Universe ?
Was the big bang a super massive black hole reaching critical mass and exploding ?
What was there before the big bang ?

Can you get something from nothing ?
Is there a negative universe to keep a natural balance of zero ?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'll happily answer them:

- Many, as in infinite.
- No.
- No, it was a big crunch - everything rushing back together to form a ping-ball sized "fire-cracker" and the, poff...a new BB.
- An other universe built up of the same energy as the last ones, and the future ones to be.

It's an endless pulsating organism with a "heartbeat" of 180b years.

You are welcome ;)

//

I have some Dark Matter for sale, if you would like I accept PayPal, please PM me with your bid. You can't see it of course because it's dark but I will provide a certificate of authenticity. Because so many eminent scientists have confirmed their confidence in it's existence you really should not doubt me - afterall, many of you have employed very dubious audiophoolery without any support from science. What I'm offering is therefore, more trustworthy and since you are willing to pay through the nose for Bybee, directional cables, and varnish #37 you are surely getting a bargain from me when you order Dark Matter. By having your own balloon filled with Dark Matter you will have something to show your mates that is far more unique than your fancy hi-if.

If eminent scientists have confirmed, than it's a shure thing, i'll take two!

What was there before the big bang ?

It is not clear whether timespace existed as a dimension until the "Big Bang." So talking about "before" the "Big Bang" may be nonsensical.

"Is there a negative universe to keep a natural balance of zero ?"

A closed system can have a lot of energy and have a net energy of zero. According to the first law of thermodynamics there is no requirement to account for the energy of the observable universe. And that's what the laws of thermodynamics are: what we can observe about energy.

Talking about what we can't observe is interesting, but speculative. It can lead us to answers, but not without some way of at least measuring observable effects.

Attachments

• DM Container.jpg
    DM Container.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.