black holes and white holes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We don’t necessarily know what black holes are, however
we now have string theory
quantum entanglement

plus more questions than answers, was the big bang a white hole, was there really a big bang?

when were looking at a black hole, what are we seeing, what is it really?

Is observing a black hole really observing a timed event? Can we use them to tell time?

The way black holes combine can be modeled by string theory. Is one end a black hole and the other end a white hole ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Start a study in relativity and quantum mechanics, that will clarify black holes and matters that matters.

Obvious since A. Einstein:

m' = m / sqrt(1 - v|exp2/e|exp2) and l' = l / sqrt(1 - v|exp2/e|exp2)
though t' = t * sqrt(1 - v|exp2/e|exp2) !!!
Now this makes sense, not?

Is one end a black hole and the other end a white hole ?
I hope I'm not digging a hole for myself by stating that black holes may be connected to white holes via wormholes.

In 1935, Einstein and physicist Nathan Rosen used the theory of general relativity to propose the existence of "bridges" through space-time.

These bridges connect two different points in space-time, theoretically creating a shortcut that could reduce travel time and distance.

The shortcuts came to be called Einstein-Rosen bridges, or wormholes.

Attachments

• the physics.gif
    the physics.gif
    367.7 KB · Views: 224
...what really puzzles the egg heads is that universe is expanding and to expand there must be more matter than we can see, what's the dark matter?
It is dark energy that is thought to oppose gravity and cause the expansion of the universe to accelerate.

Roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy, while dark matter (or invisible matter) makes up about 27%. The remaining 5% or so is normal matter i.e. the stuff we can actually see!

Dark matter may be tied up in brown dwarfs or in small, dense chunks of heavy elements.

Another view has been that dark matter is made up of exotic particles called WIMPs (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles).

However, only this year, direct detection experiments have thoroughly ruled out the possibility that WIMPs exist. :sad:

Last edited:
Shall I random words string together physics modern terms mentioning?

:D

IMO there are no "black holes", that is just a fantasy that by some insane stroke of luck managed to get a toenail hold in science lingo, mostly because they do not have a better more descriptive name for it. And it makes everything easier for the sci-fi crowd.

What you have is heavily compressed orbs of matter that are so dense that gravity around them is "crazy high", bending light and matter is possible even in normal room conditions. For a super compressed sphere in space with ridiculously high gravity, it is trivial.

A hypothesis is NOT a theory. Unfortunately, the media and consequently the vast majority of people, use the word 'theory' where they should use 'hypothesis'.

Recalling, a hypothesis becomes a theory after it passes through several stages which are:
i) scientific objective observation
ii) postulating a hypothesis to describe the observation
iii) publishing the hypothesis in scientific literature
iv) peer review of the hypothesis
v) repeated confirmation of the hypothesis by other scientist groups
vi) acceptance of the hypothesis as a theory

This takes a long time, but avoids educated opinions from becoming theories. Time has shown this works best.

Now back on topic:
String Theory is NOT an established theory, like say Quantum Mechanics, but only a sophisticated hypothesis, that can describe certain situations but grossly fails to describe others.

Black Holes emit Hawking Radiation at their event horizon. This leads to an extremely small loss of mass.

In my opinion, so take this as a mere opinion, what is interesting to ask about black holes, is whether there is a mass limit beyond which, a black hole changes state leading to big bang.

In my opinion, so take this as a mere opinion, what is interesting to ask about black holes, is whether there is a mass limit beyond which, a black hole changes state leading to big bang.

I share the same view.
If a "black hole" gains enough mass, or several "black holes" (They are not holes, but orbs/spheres) combine mass, is is likely that a substantial enough increase in gravity will cause a critical mass collapse to the point where another compression can only cause an explosion.

Edit:
So to further support development of scientific theory, we should try to move a couple "black holes" together and see what happens.
Matchmaking for stellar bodies: will they create new stars that shine bright?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.