The death of Aesthetics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to stir the pot, who remembers Lecson? I liked the look as I kid, but I also used to think B&O stuff looked good.

Beautiful early-70s industrial design, all by Allen Boothroyd: later part of Boothroyd-Stuart, now much better known as Meridian. You see the same formalism and colour ideas refined-down and developed later into, say, the Meridian 500-series.

(disclaimer, IRL I am an Architect, and design nerd ...)

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Beautiful early-70s industrial design, all by Allen Boothroyd: later part of Boothroyd-Stuart, now much better known as Meridian. You see the same formalism and colour ideas refined-down and developed later into, say, the Meridian 500-series.

As Bob did the electronics for the Lecson pre you could argue the first Boothroyd-Stuart design. ISTR Seymour Powell did some interesting stuff in the early 80s on audio as well, but can't for the life of me remember what.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.