I'd like to buy Greenland

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would they gain ? - they can buy any of the raw materials we have here from us, just let the Canadians dig it up for them first. they can station listening posts in the arctic to keep an eye on Russia already.

I guess there are three factors: minerals/rather clean water (much better access to minerals when the ice disappears), earnings from and control with traffic in the soon ice-free street between Canada and Greenland (Baffin Bay) and safety from no "hostile" settlements on Greenland by super-powers from the east (the distance to the wealthy part of the north American east cost from Greenland is rather limited).

Last edited:
Eh, the Chinese will exploit the rare earths and fossil fuels in competition with Russia for Arctic expansion as they are now through that Australian company. That's the plan that will go forward. Perhaps all the mining operations will aid the glacier melt down, unfortunately the future business of selling fresh glacial melt water may be hampered by the toxic mining waste. I hope Greenland's political class doesn't sell them out short.:rolleyes:. :whazzat:

Status
Not open for further replies.