Best frequency for rejecting bats

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me suggest to record their sonar on an oscilloscope to figure out the frequencies involved and give it back to them. I do not know about the levels that are required, but could record your device and compare to what a bat are putting out. Or do a Goggle search.

I was watching on the news last night, the bats up here are being devastated by a white nose fungus, started in the east and is spreading west, in BC they are trying to get it under control by using some transferable /spreadable fungicide? I do know that there are insect and fruit eating bats, their poo is different too, one for veg the other for flower :)
Also on the ones around here, the teeth look mean but they can not break/puncture the skin, they were using rubber gloves to catch them. Bats 101

Last edited:
I was watching on the news last night, the bats up here are being devastated by a white nose fungus, started in the east and is spreading west, in BC they are trying to get it under control by using some transferable /spreadable fungicide?

Pretty sure they are treating the bats with a special bacteria. If they don't get this under control, the fungus could wipe them out.:(

jeff

The scientist did say the result will be more insecticides. It is like the Asian Ash bore, our area is littered with dead and half dead large trees. I lost 2 big ones on my lot, they cost $1000.00 just to drop. I said to the arborist, what! you guys bring them over here to make work for yourself? he did did not know what will happen once they devistate all the ash trees. Dooms day express.

Last edited:
The 'bat repellers' used in the warehouse of the food processing plant where I worked did not emit tones, they made clicks that apparently confused the bats' echolocation and dissuaded them from taking roost. Of course a sharp click contains a whole spectrum of HF energy, you don't need to pick one frequency.

Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.