Information garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to touch on one important topic. As for me, this problem is very relevant. Every day you meet with a mass of unnecessary information. These are dozens of letters in your inbox, and completely abstract messages on the forums. I cannot unequivocally say that all this information is unnecessary and harmful, but 95% is just informational garbage that simply steals your time. This is true? Please speak.

I want to touch on one important topic. As for me, this problem is very relevant. Every day you meet with a mass of unnecessary information. These are dozens of letters in your inbox, and completely abstract messages on the forums. I cannot unequivocally say that all this information is unnecessary and harmful, but 95% is just informational garbage that simply steals your time. This is true? Please speak.
I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's "Fall, or Dodge in Hell". One plot point is that the internet becomes so saturated with spam, misinformation and propaganda that those who can afford to hire the services of an editor to curate what information actually reaches them. Those who live in the unedited data stream wind up far down some really weird and dangerous rabbit holes.

Diyaudio does steal lots of my time and could be considered unnecessary, but I don't think it's too harmful.

Bill

Well, the question is legit, so why not?
And the sub-Forum IS "The Lounge", so nothing wrong with that either.

At the same time it looks so generic that it can be posted unchanged on 1000 different Forums each focused on any imaginable imaginable subject, so I´m curious: is this being asked all over the place?

Please consider it my own little research.

I´m going through my first coffee cup of the day, so I can hit a few keys while I sip it.

So far my own little research shows that a certain MB8355 user asked exact same question at "Straight Dope Message Board" , a VERY wide subject Forum which tries to answer ALL kinds of existencial doubts, such as:
Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Comments on Cecil's Columns/Staff Reports > Ketchup on Hot Dogs
:cool:

Even there, the thread has been erased and user apparently banned :confused:

In forums-vwvortex-com , focused on .... VolksWagen cars :rolleyes: , exact same question down to the last dot, where it met some answers.

The kindest one is:
After we speak, are you going to ask us to "please clap"?

The others are unprintable :eek:

Ok, coffee break is over, let´s do something useful instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.