A personal journey, TIA...& mortality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started going to a gym about 20 years ago when Motorola put a gym in the plant where I worked and said that it was free. I retired from there after 41 years about 5 years ago and moved north.....it's too hot for me in South Florida. I still go to a local gym almost every weekday morning. Now my health insurance pays for it.

I only really started working out a few years ago when my knees started playing up

I was the 47 year "old guy" in a sea of 20 and early 30 something engineers designing cell phones. I had no desire to go to the gym but the "kids" kept bugging the "old man" to come with them. I finally started going since it was a legal escape from the computer or meeting room every afternoon.

I was a skinny guy my whole life (130 - 140 pounds) but within a few years I had passed all of those "kids" up. I was a very muscular 210 pounds at age 52.

A few years later the layoffs and downsizing started, and most of them were gone. I still went to the gym but that competitive atmosphere was gone. For the last 15 years or so, it's been just to slow the inevitable decline. I'm now around 170 pounds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.