Computer games

Have that to too, loved the previous Far Cry games so much i pre ordered it.

Only snag is a couple of weeks ago i fired up Cyberpunk 2077, bought it ages ago and never got around to playing it, i have fallen down that rabbit hole now so will see that out before getting stuck into FC6.

Love the far cry games 3 is my favorite. Picking up fc 6 today or tomorrow but can't play it for a month or so work is way too busy. I play on pc ryzen 7 and rx570 but want to upgrade gpu but refuse to pay 3 times msrp or almost a thou on a 3060.cyberpunk was a bit of a disappointment especially after witcher3 but still a decent game.

Mark

Never been a huge Far Cry fan? Gave the third one a real try but I think Ubisoft games aren't for me? Never really play any online games to be honest. Even the franchises I like I can't do online. Tried fallout 76, nope, Knights of the old republic, nope, Elder scrolls, nope.

I do not understand this, at all...
Everything else being equal, the game gets the exact same fps changing between 1080p and 4k?!

Looks much better in 4k, and TAA makes a bigger impact on reducing the frame rate so 4k it is!
Trying to get a fixed lock at 60hz, since it seems I cannot get more than a few rare peaks at 70hz no matter what I try...

Edit:
GTA sucks! The old ones where good, but not the modern stuff.

Edit2:
Ok, now I increased "Terrain" to Ultra and I get even higher frame rate? I do not know what is happening here.

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_181528_255.jpg
    IMG_20211009_181528_255.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20211009_181517_350.jpg
    IMG_20211009_181517_350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It has been a struggle to keep appropriate hardware provisioned. I weaned it off Win31 onto XP, but two Atom based SBCs burned-up in 24/7 running. Now on a netbook of unknown life. Later O/Ses won't run the program, and new hardware for older O/Ses is a driver problem.

However there may be a way forward.

Windows 3.1 Shareware: WINSOLIT : John A. Junod : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

If you full-screen the emulation and full-screen the browser it fills a large LCD monitor, and the DOSBox settings give near original speed.