Young ears

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first year in automotive work was spent in a stamping plant that did heavy metal stampings. . .
Sorry about your hearing loss Kevin - a case of heavy metal not being music to your ears!

I ran a mobile disco in the 70s and foolishly used to check all the loudspeaker drivers were working by placing my right ear hard against them.

Years later, guess in which of my ears tinnitus started! :(

Attachments

• Heavy Metal.jpg
    Heavy Metal.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 84
I did front truss follow spott for boy band One Direction a couple of years back.
From above front of stage the screaming of several thousand teenage girls was so loud that my ear drums were crackling when I removed my talk-back headset.....I soon put them back on to avoid the pain/damage.

Dan.

From above front of stage the screaming of several thousand teenage girls was so loud that my ear drums were crackling. . .
Screams from the audience at a BTS concert recently broke all records, registering up to 127dB when the group weren't even performing! :eek:

P.S. BTS is a South Korean boy group and has been ranked among Time magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2019. I wonder if Bob's grandaughter digs them!

P.P.S. I'd never heard of them until I searched for 'sound level of screaming fans at a concert'! :)

BTS (band - Wikipedia)

Attachments

• BTS.jpg
    BTS.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 63
According to the attached chart, your grandaughter's hearing is safe in your hands for the duration of an LP.

If you insist on playing Led Zeppelin non stop she'll soon let you know! :)

It’s all good in da hood......she was in there less than an hour.

Galu- If Bob's lucky, she'll let him know which Zep LP she wants to hear next!

As Plant said: "She is only three years old and it's a real fine way to start"

She’s partial to IV

Could be, unless that's his style.

(Sorry, Bob!)

Timmy......! :Ohno:

She’s partial to IV

Superb! Obviously, she shan't lack in appreciation for the finer things.

We took a last minute trip down your way on the 4th. Went to Shell Point and unloaded the car, sped over to Sopchoppy just in time to walk up on the fireworks show. We intended to relax for a couple days, but it ended up a whirlwind of a trip. You never know what life is going to bring with an autistic one in the mix.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.