Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Stungeon's Law
Stungeon's Law
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 07:40 AM   #1
mchambin is offline mchambin  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Sturgeon's Law

90% of everything is crap.
Optimistic at diyaudio.
__________________
Transistor junction temperature is not transistor case temperature.

Last edited by mchambin; 8th June 2019 at 04:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 08:19 AM   #2
silverprout is offline silverprout  France
diyAudio Member
 
silverprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Pareto trolling.
__________________
Things I Should Have Learned In School (But Probably Didn't)
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 08:28 AM   #3
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Westende Resort, BE coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchambin View Post
90% of everything is crap.
Optimistic at DIYAUDIO.
It's Sturgeon. ;-)

Jan
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles . The SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Keeping in touch with SY.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:28 PM   #4
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
90% of people lack the taste necessary to distinguish between crap and non-crap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:41 PM   #5
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member
 
scottjoplin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Penrhyndeudraeth
90% of statistics are made up on the spot
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:47 PM   #6
tapestryofsound is offline tapestryofsound  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galu View Post
90% of people lack the taste necessary to distinguish between crap and non-crap.
Oh dear, all at sea again. Stungeon? - such a cool name. Yep, Stungeonís law it is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:49 PM   #7
anti is offline anti  Slovakia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
... all these just different takes on Gaussian distribution?
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 01:57 PM   #8
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Even though 90% of a given thing is crap, it does not necessarily follow that the remaining 10% is all good!
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 02:43 PM   #9
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator
 
kevinkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Stungeon's Law
Yes it's Sturgeon's Law...

Sturgeon's law - Wikipedia

Interesting how many 90/10 rules we have, the one I am most familiar with is that getting the last 10% of anything requires 90% of the effort expended. (project management being one example)

Outside of the lounge I think far more than 90% of the threads here have some merit if not universal interest.

Such negativity!
__________________
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 02:53 PM   #10
silverprout is offline silverprout  France
diyAudio Member
 
silverprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Yes it's Sturgeon's Law...Such negativity!
Sorry for the cherrypicking quote sentence, personnaly i often apply these kind of law on myself before writing corrosive assertions.
I'm a big fan of black beers, strong robusta coffee and black chocolates... and i hate sugar, but sometimes accept to drink a coca-cola and red neck blond beers, and feel the low portion of the sinusoid
__________________
Things I Should Have Learned In School (But Probably Didn't)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Stungeon's LawHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki