Stungeon's Law

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes it's Sturgeon's Law...

Sturgeon's law - Wikipedia

Interesting how many 90/10 rules we have, the one I am most familiar with is that getting the last 10% of anything requires 90% of the effort expended. (project management being one example)

Outside of the lounge I think far more than 90% of the threads here have some merit if not universal interest.

Such negativity! :D

Yes it's Sturgeon's Law...Such negativity! :D

Sorry for the cherrypicking quote sentence, personnaly i often apply these kind of law on myself before writing corrosive assertions.
I'm a big fan of black beers, strong robusta coffee and black chocolates... and i hate sugar, but sometimes accept to drink a coca-cola and red neck blond beers, and feel the low portion of the sinusoid :D

I like Belgian, and Trappist beers as well as local microbrewed IPAs, European cookies, and dark chocolate! :D I also like McD Big Macs, but honestly can't remember having had one more recently than 6 years ago!

Belgian trappist beers are amazing and there are hundreds of good stout variants but they barely all have the same problem, the alcool percentage is too high and it kills the subtility of the torrefaction equilibrium armoas too early.
Guinness knows how do make a great stout (you should try the Guinness West Indies Porter stout if you don't like their traditional beer, but the alcool rate is 2° too high :mad:) , but nothing can rivalize with the black wheat torrefacted beer made in Bretagne.

I like Belgian, and Trappist beers as well as local microbrewed IPAs, European cookies, and dark chocolate! :D I also like McD Big Macs, but honestly can't remember having had one more recently than 6 years ago!

Last time I tried one it was an abysmal shadow of it's former self.

I liked the Big Mac back in the 80s, but profess I have only had one in the last 10 years and it basically sucked.

Couldn’t agree more about the decline in the Big Mac - did you know when first introduced in 1967 they sold for 45cents? My history with fast food burgers goes back at least 50yrs, and while the Big Meal /burger/fries and chocolate shake was always a belly buster for me (5’6” and never past 150lbs), I’ve always much preferred the smaller A&W Teenburger - they’ve even done a version wrapped in iceberg lettuce, which is tasty and gluten free, but very messy.
For that matter, the new Beyond Meat plant based patty is a huge improvement over the veggie burgers of even 5yrs ago.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.