CBD oil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To answer Cal’s questions and not muck up the other thread I’ll start this conversation.

I’m not sure about Canadian laws but here i think it’s still illegal (US) at the federal level due to its attachment to the hemp plant.

CBD ‘isolate’ is the purest form and is just that one compound....no THC nothing else.
CBD is a cannabinoid......of which there are various types (THC is one for example) some of these cannibinoids are produced naturally in the body and have corresponding receptors. These receptors have to do with pain perception (among other things) and some cannabinoids like the THC cause euphoria....but the CBD seems just to focus on pain without the euphoric ‘high’

Supposedly it reduces inflammation, reduces tension and stress allowing better sleep at night.

I do take it for severe arthritis pain in back,shoulders, and hands......all injury related from yrs of dirt bike racing.

I have had to experiment with different types and manufacturers to get a satisfactory result, one made me tired, one gave me headaches, another made me nervous, some just plain didn’t do anything!

After about 8 attempts I finally found one that worked for me.....I’ve been using the help of a holistic doctor through the process and she says the chemistry is a little different in the manufacture process and in turn the end users reception to it.

I ended up with what’s called ‘full spectrum’ which includes something called Terpenes (supposedly help the interaction of the CBD) this full spectrum from what I can tell has more essence of the hemp plant and can include up to .3 % THC allowable by state law.....this is considered trace amounts and will not get you ‘high’ but it is enough to trigger some drug tests.....so if your in a job where that matters you have to use the isolate.....I did find a isolate that worked well but found the full spectrum better.

I use it because I was about to the point of needing opioids and did not wanna start down that path. My pain started to get so severe I couldn’t sleep and was just about a invalid.
I can’t say it enough that it really works, I’ve run out a couple times and figured that out quick.....within 2 days.

Cost? I’m not sure if it’s covered under insurance in Canada, I think it might be here in certain circumstances (not really sure though) it’s kindly still a grey area.

I spend $150 a month for what I need to keep stable....well worth it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bob,
Thanks for that. Yes, it's legal in Canada, as is Marijuana. I will look into it. The Tramadol I am on is quite effective, without side effects so at this point I am quite satisfied. It's also covered by my wife's medical plan through work, so if the tincture is restricted or WHY, at least I have good results now.
Cheers.

Although tramadol is a mild opiate, it is still just that.

My plan is to stay off any regimen of synthesized medicine as long as possible.....there is usually a natural alternative for most common non life threatening maladies.

The way I figure it I may be able to counter some of the damage done in my youth!

It works for me.I was tipped to it by a colleague who has suffered terrible migranes for ages and taken any possible medication (Valium, etc) with no success.

When she told me she had a good night of sleep after the first day of use i decided to test it for my stress for which i had coped in the typical stupid fashion by gradually tripling my alcohol intake over time. It got to the level i began being scared if i would suffer withdrawal symptoms if i stopped. I did and was fine.

One thing i have noticed is that i was waking up in the mornings with seemingly unstoppable trains of negative thoughts. With CBD they are still there, but you are somehow a bit more detached from them and it's easier to laugh at yourself and stop them.

I've advised a friend who has a lot of stress at work to test it and he found similar results. Of course i did not do double blind tests so can't comment on placebo effect and so on. YMMV.

It does so many positive things I’m waiting for the shoe to drop....there’s always a shoe!

I take a 25mg gel cap of full spectrum in morning and one at night. If in between I exert myself past the pain threshold I’ve got 25mg gummies that act within minutes.....you can feel the pain wash away. Over 100mg in a day does give me a headache though.

So I think the results are real.....it wouldn’t be so popular if they weren’t.

My buddy is in big pharma drug development.....he says they’re in a big rush to get a piece of the pie!

I have tried it. Went through several products with little or no results. It seems to be the wild west with CBD at this point. I think a number of providers are taking advantage of the interest and putting out product with little CBD content. Probably a good idea to be part of the medical marijuana arena to find good content CBD. It is not yet recognized by the AMA and it classified a supplement like vitamins. Hoping for more reliable sources.

Like I said it took around 8 tries.....it’s best to involve a medical professional that versed in holistic medicine, their sources are usually a bit more controlled(my belief anyway) I’d think holistic medicine would be big on the west coast....the hippies an all! :)

Also as with anything, Some people people might not realize a worthwhile benefit.

I’m waiting for the shoe to drop....

Never heard that expression before so i had to google it... I'm a bit puzzled about these two lines in the definition:

wait for the other shoe to drop

(idiomatic) To defer action or decision until another matter is finished or resolved.
(idiomatic) To await a seemingly inevitable event, especially one that is not desirable.

Is this part of the picture ?

Give the system a more relaxed listening experience?;)
Seriously though, I’ve been taking about 15mg of oral tincture daily for about 3 weeks now, and find it has helped reduce inflammation enough to allow more mobility, certainly a helluva improvement over the frozen shoulder I had last year which gave me a couple of sleepless nights.

So, we call you Robert de montagne, then?

Last edited:
I ended up with what’s called ‘full spectrum’ which includes something called Terpenes (supposedly help the interaction of the CBD) this full spectrum from what I can tell has more essence of the hemp plant and can include up to .3 % THC allowable by state law.....this is considered trace amounts and will not get you ‘high’ but it is enough to trigger some drug tests.....so if your in a job where that matters you have to use the isolate.....I did find a isolate that worked well but found the full spectrum better.
There is a lot of bogus marketing when it comes to cannabis. Terpenes for instance are found in many plants, they are the flavour, the smell, they are not unique to cannabis. CBD and THC both help the interaction of each other. Too much THC can trigger epilepsy, esp in the young un-developed brain.

Regular hemp, naturally does not contain THC, but it is full of CBD and other cannabinoids, that has been legal in the US since the founders. read up on Rick Simpson oil, it is remarkable. Ruderalis hybrid strains have there own unique effects and are naturally high in CBD I tried to get my Mom some high CBD oil from the licensed provider Tilray in BC, they could not deliver high CBD product, I am sure they are in it to get people high, not real medicine. it ended up them advising me to make my own. It is a rip off for what they deliver and what it cost to produce. It was like $100 for a small vial. I have a friend that can not smoke so he makes his own infused oil, I did up a tincture with 94% ethyl Good Luck

Last edited:
Before the farm bill of 2018 hemp was federally illegal (schedule I)
Therefore CBD was illegal prior to that.

CBD derived from marijuana is still federally illegal here.

Even though federally legal since 2018 CBD derived from hemp is still illegal in some states so you should be a little more careful with your wording.
It’s still a gray area here.

Bob

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.