New Kilogram definition

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just want the old one.... one kilogram of pure platinum. Not worth the imagined millions (except as a possible collectors item) the current value of $26,477.20 would provide a nice little shot in the arm. With that I could get my well sunk and a good house foundation poured. (I would also keep an asortment of the best electrical contacts available.)
Dov

Last edited:
I hadn't forgotten either Tim. Hurry up, I'm not getting any younger! :)

P.S. Talking about kilograms - I've discovered that, whereas the mass of the SP25 MkII platter is 1.88kg, the mass of the SP25 MkIII platter is a mere 0.96kg - and it's slightly smaller in diameter. Newer does not necessarily mean better!

Sometimes I think my life revolves around turntables! ;)

There are at least two reasons the earth would exert a stronger force on the iron than it would the feathers.
Let's stipulate that both are situated at the same point on the Earth's surface in order to eliminate variations in the Earth's gravitational field strength.

I'm not shivering besides my iron at the South Pole while you and your feathers bask in the heat at the equator! :cheerful:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.