Wireless speaker (?) mystery product

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clearly mis-categorized (not a cat toy so far as I can tell.) Here is an extreme example of Chinglish gone amiss :) As far as I can tell, this product is a wireless speaker, unclear if it is full range or subwoofer. Earthquake simulator? :scratch:

Similar listings appear to be a device designed to drive your upstairs neighbor nuts :D

Own Home Not Noisy New Earthquake Building Machine Anti counterattack Upstairs Noise Floor Artifact-in Furniture & Scratchers from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
... I'm not so sure about that. They also boast the thingy has "Intelligent Booking Timing".

For some reason I am really loving the main sales pitch:
"Anti-counterattack Upstairs Noise Floor Artifact"

So It's an Artifact (!) for fighting *against* the countermeasures meant towards noisy upstairs neighbours? What am I missing?

Maybe I'll buy it just to have an Artifact, always wanted one of those.

Clearly mis-categorized (not a cat toy so far as I can tell.) Here is an extreme example of Chinglish gone amiss :) As far as I can tell, this product is a wireless speaker, unclear if it is full range or subwoofer. Earthquake simulator? :scratch:

Similar listings appear to be a device designed to drive your upstairs neighbor nuts :D

Own Home Not Noisy New Earthquake Building Machine Anti counterattack Upstairs Noise Floor Artifact-in Furniture & Scratchers from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Looks like a sump pump! Wireless?

My guess is that it has a few pre-programmed sounds that I can play. Maybe it is like a bass shaker. You wedge it against the ceiling using a metal rod... wouldn't that also annoy the downstairs neighbors???

That's what I need to calm down the lead ape upstairs...

My previous apartment had a drunkard neighbor who were in to music in the middle of the week and at late night time until morning, considered many times to rebuild a microwave oven, put a horn on it and directing it so to paralyze his stereo equipment, the plan didn't go further than simulating the horn design though.

Last edited:
An RF amp fed by a GSM or iDEN cell phone that emits pulsed RF is quite effective at getting stereos turned down.

In the mid 70's (before cell phones) I worked the 4 PM to 1 AM shift in the Motorola plant. I lived in a large apartment complex and usually got home between 2 and 4 AM and slept until 10 or 11 AM. My neighbor had this habit of cranking up the Disco noise around 8 or so in the morning. Multiple peaceful discussions led to temporary cease fire agreements that usually only lasted for a few days. I decided to declare WAR!

I had two DIY guitar cabinets, each containing 4 X 12 inch high efficiency speakers. I dragged them up to, and facing the wall between my apartment and hers. I had made a solid state DIY "booster amp" that could pump about 300 to 350 watts into those speakers when driven by my stereo. I connected up all of the acoustic weaponry before leaving for work one afternoon.

When I got home that night I turned on the WAR machine. At about 2 AM most of the apartment complex got to hear Smoke On The Water, and Free Bird at a very LOUD volume level. After round two I shut off the system and heard some LOUD screaming and banging outside my door.

I opened up the door to find a few angry people. I explained that I was just about to hook up my music synthesizer and shake the walls down. I was being kept awake during MY sleep time, and I obviously have superior firepower, so........A truce was negotiated, that was not broken while I lived there.....NO disco or other loud sounds between 11 PM and 10:30 AM.

I opened up the door to find a few angry people.
What you don't mention is that you'd been on a Charles Atlas course and feared no one! ;)

Attachments

• Charles Atlas.jpg
    Charles Atlas.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.