Global Warming/Climate Change hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, veganism, or drinking, are not a potential terminal threat to the society or the world as we know it.
Not a potential terminal threat to the society? I guess you didn't read the veganism thread. :sigh:
i will now retreat and no longer take part in this mindless discussion.
Just wondering, why now? Why not earlier or why not after 2 more posts?

Not news to me, but i'm sure it will be to Many others :(

etc etc

ALL the FACTS here

Welcome

Facts? Didn't you notice the FACT that Arctic climate warming is simply exploding since 40 years? Didn't you notice already +10 degrees Celsius Arctic temperature ANOMALIES, record-low sea ice extent and rapidly vanishing glaciers aroud the world? THESE are facts. Would you like to bother yourself to think about the reasons for this? We humans need to finally take the responsibility of this situation and stop to fool ourselves that it is not our fault.

Yes, Audio knowledge does not automatically imply about Earth's climate knowledge and we should stop discussing it here.

Last edited:
Ignoring CO2 and greenhouse gases, just look at thermodynamics. We are digging up energy that was stored when derived from the sun eons ago.

We are releasing that energy back into the atmosphere and world around us. Add energy, temp increases.

You are free to refute the laws of thermodynamics if you wish.

Maybe, but energy is radiated into space. More that we are releasing carbon dioxide that was taken out of the atmosphere.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Some of the most provocative evidence is visible from the air.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• 255-diyaudio.jpg
    255-diyaudio.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-16 Climate Change Global Temperature NOAA Climate gov.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-16 Climate Change Global Temperature NOAA Climate gov.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 170
So much misplaced energy over the years in this debate. Majority of people on both sides can agree that the climate is changing, no? Seems that the issue is the causes and solutions that are constantly waved about. What we should be concerned about is our ability to react to it, and doing what we can to mitigate its effects until we have a solution to the problems it creates.

We will certainly see droughts, floods, wars, diseases, and a litany of other awful things that will challenge us... but what are we doing to prepare for it?

It's one thing to be constantly in debate, its another thing entirely to ignore the fact that people will need assistance from their fellow humans in times of disaster. These hurricanes we are seeing more of, and the debatable handling of the Syrian refugee crisis is an indicator that we need to be thinking about how to respond better to these events that we are guaranteed to see more of... regardless of whether we cut carbon emissions or keep burning coal to keep the house warm.

Some people should stick to audio because their knowledge of climate is zero.

+1G !!!

These days everyone can find a conspiracy website that supports their doubts and fears of the scientific society, even seeding doubt that scientists are part of some secret movement or conspiracy, e.g. funded by who else by George Soros or some kind of uber-elite Illuminati types, etc., etc.

In the past, those who gained knowledge generally fared better than those who did not. These days even people dumb as a rock have a cell phone, twitter account, post a blog about whatever they are doing, and in general feel like they know much about everything. I have first hand experience with this because I am closely related to such a person and sometimes conversation can be very painful. They can present vast amounts of "data" (crap they read on the wonderful world wide web) that it is impossible to present much of a defense using scientific rationale, etc. because the basis is unclear and inaccessible, often claimed to be "covered up" by governments and corporations (and George Soros, of course!).

While many consider George Orwell's 1984 as a dark foretelling of our future, to me it seems more like the movie Idiiocracy...

Climate change exists. Global warming is much more dubious though. Man made climate change is even more dubious. If anything warming could be caused by stopping the burning of coal in open grates due to the reduction of soot in the air. That is a reversal of previous man made climate change or better restoration of a historic climate we once had.
You are right of course.
We *did* have 500% higher CO2 levels before , and again you are right , it was NOT Man made :cool:

Maybe ... because humans didn´t yet exist, that is: :rolleyes:

Dinosaur Era Had 5 Times Today's CO2

Status
Not open for further replies.