It's not easy keeping a perspective

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bucket list for Finn, the Vermont dog
Bucket list for Finn, the Vermont dog dying of cancer - BBC News
"Finn, who lives in Burlington, Vermont has been on a hot air balloon ride, eaten a steak dinner, been apple picking, swum in the ocean, and there is yet more planned."

Ummmmm... have people lost all perspective ? I'm a dog lover. But I put people first. When I read this kind of story I am left incredulous at the lack of perspective. Look around on the news at people who's lives have been wrecked by storms around the world, by conflict. There are kids, humans, in our own countries that live in difficult circumstances and would benefit from some help. But people are taking their dogs for steak dinners and balloon rides. What if that energy and kindness were directed to the people around us that are suffering, whether from old age, disease, or any other of lifes challenges. I'm at a loss to understand how people became so disconnected from the real world.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Bigun, you want perspective? I'll give you perspective.

I've heard of people that buy $ 300 rolls of plastic and metal foil (aka a 'capacitor') to put in their amplifiers on the assumption it changes the sound for the better.

Of course, one could also spend $ 300 to support a family of 6 for half a year somewhere in a third-world country. Or provide dysentery inoculations for an entire village in a sub-Saharan country saving dozens of lives.

I mean, what are these people thinking??

Jan

I've heard of people that buy $ 300 rolls of plastic and metal foil (aka a 'capacitor') to put in their amplifiers on the assumption it changes the sound for the better.

Of course, one could also spend $ 300 to support a family of 6 for half a year somewhere in a third-world country. Or provide dysentery inoculations for an entire village in a sub-Saharan country saving dozens of lives.

Jan

Jan Didden for President.

... no one asked to be born, ...
Or most of us just fail to remember. I was informed that the current stage is about 300% overbooked. :D
So we just go through life trying to keep it as easy and as stress free as possible until the day comes when we die.
Seems that stress is bothersome only for those unelightened, and then some of us got back in queue for more of this after we die. ;)

Jan

Yes but the flip side of that argument is people are going to eat that food and promptly cra*p it back out... Whereas the capacitor will serve a purpose for a much greater length of time, and be considered somewhat of an asset. I have yet to have anyone classify one of my dumps as an asset :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.