It's not easy keeping a perspective

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, they call it "retirement" - after about 45 years of hard toil you too may join the club! :D

Mike

Actually, just beginning to taste the fruits of such a long awaited harvest myself (50yrs, in fact) - and Nigel, as much as I'm blessed to be able to riff to the contrary, for what it's worth, I'd never have gotten this far or had as much joy along the way were it not for 45 years of marriage to the goddess who said " why yes, I'd love to" Could have been a different answer were she prescient. Ask yourself - and any siblings you may have - where y'all'd be were that not the case with your own progenitors. That's sorta trick question really, but after my third glass of Chardonnay, I'm feeling just a bit puckish this evening, and perhaps incoherent? ;)

kevin - thanks for the reality check - many of us here could well start paying back / forward.

Expensive hobbies and small acts of charity are not necessarily incompatible. One might you happy enough to want to do the other (or vice versa?)

For the cost of one or two fancy audiophile capacitors you can make a difference: Loans that change lives | Kiva

Personal suggestion:
Go to the "Eco friendly" section, support those that have plans that require water pumps, filters, pipes, tanks etc. What they save in not having to get water from far away, or at high cost, they can use for other things, further improving their living conditions.
Clean water can save so many lives, and it does not have to cost much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.