Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Asperger Syndrome?
Asperger Syndrome?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2018, 02:17 PM   #41
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Isn't it better, under such circumstances, to respond with a question? Can you see what I'm doing there?

YouTube

Last edited by scottjoplin; 13th October 2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 13th October 2018, 03:37 PM   #42
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

No, we are meant to understand what she meant to say, within the context she held in her head. Asking questions of clarification can lead us into trouble because it implies that she was unclear or misleading or was hiding context from us.
Old 13th October 2018, 05:21 PM   #43
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpauk View Post
There is a category of questions asked by SWMBO* that I refer to as "does my bum look big in this" questions - where there is no possible correct answer... The only thing to do is run away....
Try, "it's not the pants" next time. I hear that works....

Tom
Old 13th October 2018, 05:56 PM   #44
Charles Darwin is offline Charles Darwin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Fashions change and in these days of booty the ice we skate on has only become thinner.
Even an honest No may well be the wrong thing to say.
Old 15th October 2018, 09:25 PM   #45
MarcelvdG is offline MarcelvdG  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbelly View Post
Hmmm, you guys are really making me think I am probably on the spectrum, although I don't know how much a diagnosis would change things at this point.
In my case it mainly changed the amount of money on my bankaccount and on my shrink's bankaccount. I found it very useful to do the AQ test, get a strong suspicion that I have Asperger's and read up on Asperger's and the differences with neurotypical people, but the official diagnosis didn't change much.
Old 15th October 2018, 10:10 PM   #46
MarcelvdG is offline MarcelvdG  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
No, we are meant to understand what she meant to say, within the context she held in her head. Asking questions of clarification can lead us into trouble because it implies that she was unclear or misleading or was hiding context from us.
That sounds awfully familiar... It is one of the main reasons why communicating with colleagues is generally much easier, they simply answer questions of clarification without getting angry.

Asperger Syndrome?Hide this!Advertise here!