Jantzen / Mundorf capacitors. Comparison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Theoretically the total charge or discharge of a capacitor occurs after a period of time infinite, since the mathematical function that defines it reaches the limit asymptotically, but in practice in a range of 5 times the capacitor will find completely loaded or downloaded.
OK yes, the series resistance of a capacitor will have an effect on its time constant, especially useful in DC calculations.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

OK yes, the series resistance of a capacitor will have an effect on its time constant, especially useful in DC calculations.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

Thanks to you. I was stuck with my car in the middle of that storm and wishing there was no hail, which has already ruined my car at another time (I did not dare to write "praying to God" instead of wishing )
The next day that photo came out in a local newspaper and I happened to make the comment in the forum of your country, which is really very good.
Here goes again for those who ask:

What picture is this gentleman talking about? If they do not access the links ....
( the largest capacitor in the world, is our world, although the dielectric fails sometimes, but what a wonderful show! ....):)

OT: (It seems that there is a universal tendency to look at photographs in the audio forums without reading the content, I wonder how anyone no commented on this phrase that I wrote with the intention of corroborating this thought .....)

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/327333-jbl-gto-627-compliance-4.html#post5569060

( See post 31 )PS: to prevent overheating I used the paint suitable for high temperatures. I believe that 360 degrees Celsius of protection will be enough
:eek::whazzat::rolleyes::eek::confused:

But perhaps they have read it and out of respect nobody has answered me:

" This man is raving, poor " :D

Attachments

• 1903405647_TormentaenBuenosAires30-04-18.jpg.bbf7e7dccb293978b5febf047176f33c.jpg
    1903405647_TormentaenBuenosAires30-04-18.jpg.bbf7e7dccb293978b5febf047176f33c.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20181005_124527.jpg
    IMG_20181005_124527.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 215
It seems opportune to remember the old axiom of the audio:;

" No chain is stronger than the weakest of the links that compose it "

My DTQWTII cabinets have Jantzen Superior Z-Cap capacitors.
My Prima Luna valve amplifier has Chinese generic valves.
My Micro Seiki DQ-43 turntable, although it is DD and with a good level arm (MA707), has a cartridge Ortofón 2M Red mounted.
I listen to music on vinyl and CD, I do not have a SACD player.
I also listen to music through streaming, with an Oppo DAC, but Spotify does not provide SACD quality recordings either.
Conclusion: I do not believe that a capacitor of higher price and renown would have sonically compensated the extra price that I could have invested.
So everyone should evaluate if it's worth the extra expense, now, everyone does what they want with their money, but that's another issue.

Best audiophile capacitors for corssover design | Audio Judgement

Capacitors - Jantzen-audio.com

Attachments

• descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 201
academia50 said:
Theoretically the total charge or discharge of a capacitor occurs after a period of time infinite, since the mathematical function that defines it reaches the limit asymptotically, but in practice in a range of 5 times the capacitor will find completely loaded or downloaded.
Only true if you are charging/discharging via a fixed resistor from a fixed voltage, when you get an exponentially slowing current. Not true if you define 'full charge' as being less than the fixed voltage, or if you discharge via an opposite voltage source. Hence you are saying nothing at all about capacitors, but merely talking about one possible and simple circuit arrangement for using capacitors.

Only true if you are charging/discharging via a fixed resistor from a fixed voltage, when you get an exponentially slowing current. Not true if you define 'full charge' as being less than the fixed voltage, or if you discharge via an opposite voltage source. Hence you are saying nothing at all about capacitors, but merely talking about one possible and simple circuit arrangement for using capacitors.

Again you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

Read carefully., That definition belongs to the link that I attach, I repeat it.

http://www.rtrenergia.es/downloads/condensadores_2012.pdf

Anyway, I will not continue this futile discussion because you no longer participate in this poker table.

Do not remember that I do not take the bet ? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.