Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of people doing "grass" it seems...
Most do not drink it though.

*phew* tried holding back as long as I could, was hoping someone else would go for it.

I have a hard time thinking that Vegan lifestyle can be sustainable.
  1. The most sustainable way to live, the way I see it, must be choosing food that has never been near any form of transportation. Using little to no pesticides.
  2. Choosing clothes made from fibres that does not require pesticides, wool, or perhaps even some kinds of leather, provided the process has been gentle and the curing process with little to no waste.
  3. Choosing electronics made from materials with traceable origin, perhaps using casing from wood/cellulose or composites made with volcanic ashes and/or corn cobs.

And how are things really done?
  1. The Vegan diet frequently demands items that come from remote locations, most of which have incredibly long and hard work hours. Big no-no.
  2. Vegans are good at using alternative fibres, but not good at using local sources of wool and leather. Working in all conditions sometimes demand the use of sturdy, weather resistant materials (so maybe most Vegans do not work that hard?).
  3. Many Vegans completely ignore the origins of their Electronics products, and where do you think the plastics in your Iphone/Ipad comes from? Dead dinosaurs! :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bunnies are tasty too!
And they eat what we cannot, do not require any other special feed, as long as they have access to a variety of branches to chew, in addition to grass/hay and other non-toxic vegetation.
They grow fast, are prolific breeders, and the fur is easier to utilize than chicken feathers.

You miss out on eggs though. But there's very little noise and not so much smell.

I think the most important thing is to try and find some food source you can provide for yourself, whatever that might be.

I'm getting bored with the veganism mindset. The main social media advocates seem to be getting more neurotic by the moment. It's very repetitive, but I presume "The Truth" is by definition?

I went for a walk this morning on the estuary, the salt marsh lambs are very endearing, but watching them my mouth started to water, that must make me a truly evil person :rolleyes:

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I'm getting bored with the veganism mindset. The main social media advocates seem to be getting more neurotic by the moment. It's very repetitive, but I presume "The Truth" is by definition?

I went for a walk this morning on the estuary, the salt marsh lambs are very endearing, but watching them my mouth started to water, that must make me a truly evil person :rolleyes:

Don't forget to take a jar of mint sauce with you....

Joined 2007
Paid Member
It's likely due to other things they eat with meat, like carbs and sweets.

Exactly; carbs are vegan.

Not to generalize but I know as many pudgy vegans as I do non-vegans; maybe more.

One of these vegan types even coined a new (to me) term: "carbivore". I thought that was funny. He's a big guy.

That said; my wife is trying this out for animal cruelty reasons. I am the cook in my house and she doesn't force it on anyone but I have added some new recipes to my repertoire. It's interesting and even tasty BUT no matter how much sauteed or grilled tofu I eat; nothing satisfies like MEAT.

We have had the Beyond Meat™ hamburgers grilled the way I would normally cook a burger. They're not bad. Expensive compared to home made ground sirloin/chuck patties. It's 8.00 CAD (6.00 USD) for two patties in the grocery store. That's pretty steep. I can afford it but I'm sure that many couldn't.

I was raised on a trawl boat in Gulf of Mexico.
My beef, what the heck is a Tilapia ?
Does it qualify as vegan?
Is it kosher?
Always ask the restaurants but receive all sorts of wierd answers.

Attachments

• mantis.jpg
    mantis.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.