Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're well on the way...
debbie-downer-2.jpg

"Metaphors involving meat could gain an increased intensity if the killing of animals for food becomes less socially acceptable," she said.

“The image of “killing two birds with one stone” is, if anything, made more powerful by the animal friendly alternative of "feeding two birds with one scone".

“bring home the bagels” “put all your berries in one bowl.”

What a world we live in :rolleyes:

I would have thought that dissemination of (presumably) confidential company information would be adequate grounds for a gross misconduct dismissal.

He obviously didn't agree ethically with the fact that the 'League Against Cruel Sports' was investing in companies that support animal testing (a bit two-faced tbh)...but what has his choice to be vegan have to do with the fact that he (presumably) breached his contract with his employer by revealing that information?

“put all your berries in one bowl.”

That doesn't even begin to capture the poor risk assessment involved with putting all your eggs into one basket.

"feeding two birds with one scone"

Should we really encourage feeding people food to wildlife? I don't think they thought that one through.

That said. As a cat lover, I tend to avoid the "more than one way to skin a cat" idiom, though I do acknowledge its existence and accept its use.

Anyway. Maybe I'm starting to beat the stain where the dead horse used to be. :)

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.