Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, smallpox is said to have wiped out millions of indigenous people of NA, often being used intentionally by agents of the government.

One article I read long ago and can no longer find called into theory that the Spanish Flu started in the USA in one of the Boot Camps for the Army in 1916 in the South east. It further postulated that there were actually two flu present variants at the same time resulting in mutations which resulted in the actual "Spanish" flu virus. The virus was carried with troops to Europe where is spread during 1917. It returned to the USA IN 1918 on a ship from Spain, hence getting the name Spanish Influenza.

I wish I could find the article.

The Gimp is correct,
The forest Indians were holding their own against the European invaders so blankets used by those who had had smallpox in the European communities were given as gifts to the forest peoples. In one summer half of them were wiped out.

The attempt (nearly successful) to wipe out the plains Indians was to exterminate the bison on which these people depended so much and not just for food.

When Cortez the mass killer landed in the Aztec empire he had a Moorish cabin boy who was recovering from smallpox. It is estimated that this infection literally halved the population of indigenous peoples throughout Central and North America, between 50 and 70 million. Whole tribes were wiped out in weeks.

Anti-biotics have been handed out like sweets by doctors who should have known better so quite ordinary operations will become dangerous. Certainly constantly changing viruses will have a dramatic effect but would'nt it be far simpler just for power hungry politicians and priests to agree to population control. Coupled with a drastic reduction in not only meat eating but sensible diets all round an awful lot of a beautiful awe inspiring world could be saved for future generations and pigs might fly - so it goes.

The use of antibiotics in all food animals in the USA is about 5 times as high* as use in the UK.

The use in cattle is about 9-16 times as high! This high difference is at least partly due to the more industrial-type systems used in US cattle farming compared to the UK.

*In terms of mg of active ingredient of antibiotic per kg of Population Correction Unit (PCU). The PCU takes into account the size of the different livestock populations.

I came across this term yesterday: Vystopia Definition - Vystopia
I'm not surprised, I've found that vegans generally are very sensitive people and I think much of the recent surge in popularity has to do with a general frustration and feeling of powerlessness with the way the world is going. Veganism is a means whereby to actually do something that feels positive and to assuage much of the guilt they feel complicit in what many of them perceive as a dystopian world.

At last, a valid argument I can understand YouTube
0e8b5969a8b731083c25f497988faa0f.jpg

She said "kindness and compassion towards planet, people and animals." So insects are exempt?

Humans are branded as the destroyer (except for vegans maybe?) of this planet. What do we do, wipe ourselves out? :scratch1:

Insects are animals too. I think the line is drawn at bacteria. I find it interesting that bacteria don't contain mitochondria, whereas plant, fungi and animal cells do

Status
Not open for further replies.