Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russian cuisine includes many vegan dishes. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Russian Vegan Recipes | Vegan blog by Victoria Logunova
Yes, there are many vegetarian dishes, as believers periodically fasted for several months. And now they are relevant, because it is a fitness zone, especially for fashionistas. For example, exotic buckwheat porridge, which came to Russia, Ukraine and Poland from China in the Middle Ages. It reminds you as if you first tried olives.

"Russian Vegan Recipes" sounds pretty sad. Almost like weight loss diet for concentration camp prisoners. Majority of people there for many years, not by choice, have been on a diet that is very close to vegan. A better term for this diet is "seefood" diet: you eat what you see.
What nonsense. Were you in Russia 75 years ago during the war? Most people here eat meat, fish and vegetables and drink good southern wine. All of these products are much better than your Californian wine and other tasteless plastic items. And now you are even happy with worms and bugs and wish them in restaurants. In Russia, we never eat insects. How do you, supposedly well-fed, tired of even dreaming of good products and you want variety?:D

Last edited:
Even the most recent report of a Russian government-sponsored research institute says that only 28% of the population in Russia can provide themselves with "decent" food. Meaning the rest is struggling to get enough nutrition. Somewhat in agreement with my own observations. The trend might be worsening.

Even the most recent report of a Russian government-sponsored research institute says that only 28% of the population in Russia can provide themselves with "decent" food. Meaning the rest is struggling to get enough nutrition. Somewhat in agreement with my own observations. The trend might be worsening.
Everything is known only by comparison, show the results of your institute, with a similar study. I think that your authorities usually sneeze, that you eat one chemistry and are already going to eat insects. For example, in our grocery stores wine from all over the world is presented; if nobody buys it, then who drinks it? First look at your shelves, and then compare, think and judge.

YouTube
YouTube

Last edited:

Even if that study is real, * your * assessment/assumption/jumping to conclusions that it means that the rest are struggling to get enough nutrition is more a reflection of your own internal bias and thoughts. You have to pull up that study, get a proper translation first and then actually examine the stats.

It can mean nothing of the sort.. it can mean that a definition of "decent food" is nothing more than an expensive diet full of expensive meat - considering that the opinion a diet needs to have meat as a large proportion is an unscientific bias on its own. Studies citing poor nutrition, pretty much always show a lack of fruit and vegetables in people's diet. You can be vegan and just eat grains... that's a poor diet. Or you can be vegan and eat amazingly healthily, easily.

Let's face it, with laws in place to protect "family values" etc etc, life-style and diet is a populist, politicised area in Russia today, promoting the good old days, like all populism. It is nothing to do with the science of nutrition.

*IF* that study and the conclusion you claim it draws even exists...

Last edited:

Food security and nutrition in the Russian Federation – a health policy analysis

Current food insecurity in Russia is low, but food availability affects some vulnerable groups

Due to the high proportion of private food production and the high caloric intake at baseline, Russia's currently food inadequate population by FAO standards is estimated to be low, at 5–6%, a number that compares favorably to other transitional (7%), Asian (16%), or African countries (33%) (16).

So that is a 94%-95% of Russians having reliable access to a good diet.. Some way off your 28% ! ( of course there is going to be disparity in definitions in all of this..).

Again, I dispair at people's inability to fact-check stuff they believe... what does this say about people's DIY Audio projects? Easily susceptable to snake-oil sellers?

Last edited:
I base all of my hobby projects on expired patents.
That way if one ever goes commercial it is public domain prior art.

What are all the patent numbers for they are all expired and there is no record of them being assigned to anyone? Even better valveop.net is a plumbing supplier.

I think you looking at valveop.com , as opposed to valveop.net, anyway the Rigol ds1054z is nice upgrade for a quick fft.

Then of course move to pc analyzer for final test.

Attachments

• WP_20190827_15_58_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190827_15_58_45_Pro.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.