Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Veganism
Veganism
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 11:25 AM   #1141
Charles Darwin is offline Charles Darwin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
Does the university give extra credit to students who can correctly spell their name?
I resent that remark. My daughter is at the University of Aberystwyth.
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #1142
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
So is it exploitation to skin a naturally deceased cow to make shoes or meat for the table? Is it explotation to milk a cow that is lactating? Is it cruelty to let animals run wild without basic veterinarian care? Is it cruelty to let wild animals starve during a drought?

So it is not veganism to boast about how much more moral you are than the average human?
Every vegan is different, although they have to be careful what they say, some have said it's ok to eat road kill, for example. Again, they use a certain interpretation of "exploitation", I've lost count of the number of times David Attenborough has used the term when describing how all other life forms on Earth survive. Of course none of them get hung up about morals
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #1143
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galu View Post
What about about growing Daffodils
Interesting. I was thinking of food though. There are some experimenting with forest gardening locally (I don't mean sheep farmers). There is even vegan permaculture.......time will tell

VeganismHide this!Advertise here!