Aftermarket ac power cable-put your opinions here too :-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But i have see changes measured…

dave

IME you can always measure a change, for instance, the 50th harmonic of the mains goes from -80dB to -80.5dB. I don't think this leads to any productive conclusions.

These threads are like dropping little surprises to attract the flies.

EDIT - I forgot to mention you do need to move the mains cord around to different positions with respect to the wiring in your walls, if things change then all measurements should be questioned.

Last edited:
You can beat gordon rankin's from sound practices:

Power Cord Plus The good stuff for your AC interface. Article by Gordon Rankin, Wavelength Audio Sound Practices Magazine Online

When I've built a nice project and its passed a few month's break in and is way more than tolerable, i' make once of these to top it off. Its added clarity to my: His 'majesties noise' phono stage, Alan wright's FVP - the last version, Parabee's and subsequent mods, mono bugles, Pete Millets's HA-2, and the speed controller for my garry-401 and i will probably make on for the DAC thats going thru the paces now. Man, there is a lot sh)(&*^) in the line these days, and the 4-5 feet of shielded quiet seems to clear a good part of it out. Coming up fast on my list of to do projects is an isolation/regenerate AC power supply for my whole system, this is the only way I can imagine doing better what these power cords do.

Ah, at last someone's talking sense

This is funny only 3 orders of magnitude off. Meters for kilometers should someone tell them?

Listening tests showed consistently that the best sound quality was obtain from cables cut to a length of 1.65m (wire length 1.68m after untwisting). This aligns very closely with the quarter wavelength of the 50 Hz mains frequency of 1.7m.

This is funny only 3 orders of magnitude off. Meters for kilometers should someone tell them?
Three orders..pffft
Had two diodes fail. Three inches in diameter each. Silicon brazed to a .090 thick molybdenum disc. Failed at 6300 amps, 4.5 kelvin.
Used a laser scriber to cut then into 125 dice .2 inches sq. Probed them to map vf. Put together a setup to keep errors to 100 microvolts during probing, didn't want heating to cause drift.

Radiation damage caused vf increase. Rad source was one inch from edge, so line source rads caused huge vf gradient.

Expecting .770 millivolts +/- 100 microvolts..what was I thinkin???

4.2 volts close to beam, 1.8 volts 2 inches away.
3 orders...pffft

Jn
There will be papers written, big time stuff.

I don't care.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.