WoW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
aww I thought the SrS WoW audio lab was making a comeback for Windows 10

Attachments

• 097-diyaudio.jpg
    097-diyaudio.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
tom - Hemp and the type of cannabis now being celebrated are not the same thing - something to which I think Dave can attest

Hemp has been legal in Canada for a long time, and is very different than the cannabis we smoke. It can be made into literally millions of useful products. To make it economical thou, we’ll need to have processing pants near where the plant is grown.

I imagine the day when one finds themselves driving down the TransCanada in Saskatchewan with 20’ high hemp plants on either side of the road.

And more on topic, the day i can buy plywood made using the same tech now found on the outside plies of stranded bamboo plywood.

dave

Canada's legislation, known as the Cannabis Act, allows provinces to establish their own systems for licensing and regulating marijuana businesses, according to a statement from the Marijuana Policy Project.
IE, licensed and regulated dispensaries......and licensed and regulated users.
Upside is lab testing for potency, heavy metals and pesticides, downside is big pharma are into it for their cut and the price will not reduce.
And what are the long term insurance/employment etc ramifications for the registered user who will also have to prove provenance if detected to be in possession or under influence.

I read somewhere a good while back that one of the US states has approved indoor growing but outdoor growing is/will be strictly verboten.....this is no doubt driven by Monsanto et al to keep wild strain pollens out of their GMO crops, yes Roundup ready cannabis :eek:.

Dan.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
and licensed and regulated users

???

People will be able to walk into a pot dispensery and buy pot just like you can buy beer now.

Production on one hand will be heavily monitored and licensed, but individual households can grow up to 4 plants, and with the yield of some plants today, that can be a substantial amount.

Besides the huge industrial growers there will be licences for small operations and i doubt there will be a huge impact on those already with small operations.

dave

Dan, Mr D - and a selected cohort- have been field testing cultivation and consumption modalities some decades ahead of these recent events. Even when not officially sanctioned above the 49th, it was not always aggressively persecuted- unlike other jurisdictions. Any further commentary on the subject would almost certainly contravene forum rules on politics and profanity.

Roundup ready cannabis :eek:.

Dan.

I'm not sure I like that idea but it is inevitable.

I grew weed in college, both indoors and out. It's pretty easy once you learn the basics and having a green thumb really helps, too. The most exotic chemical I used was Miracle Gro, which I still use on my pepper plants.

I'd grow it again, but law enforcement makes a big deal about it. They tolerate marijuana use (can't lock up a third of the country) but not "manufacturing."

I think it might be legal in my lifetime. In the 70s they were so so down on us damn hippies but now it's mainstream. It seems inevitable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.